Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Paying for guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Made any decisions?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27120
    edited January 2015
    Paypal "non-gift" actually puts you in the driving seat in terms of protection.

That said, I'd still take the train if you can. Not much more than a courier + paypal fees, and you get a day out and peace of mind. Edinburgh's lovely! :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I don't go for it in the end. Did some more research and it's one of the chambered LP's which I feel is like cheating. Thanks for the thoughts though, good to keep in mind for next time. And there will be a next time....

• id go in person too. maybe negotiate a bit off as saves him the bother of packing and organising a courier, or less the cost of that as well.  14 hour round trip, maybe wait until I find something nearer.(probably not what you want to hear)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    TinLip;480382" said:
    I don't go for it in the end. Did some more research and it's one of the chambered LP's which I feel is like cheating

Cheating an osteopath out of a living prhaps?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• On anything valuable I always ask for an image of some photo ID with a bill no more than a month old both with the collection address, If they can't give me that then I won't deal. If they want to screw me over I know where to go find them!

• TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Amen. And bring the boys along...

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Jonnysixstring;492594" said:
    On anything valuable I always ask for an image of some photo ID with a bill no more than a month old both with the collection address, If they can't give me that then I won't deal. If they want to screw me over I know where to go find them!
    How many people have acceded to that request?!

Previously known as stevebrum