I've left facebook

What's Hot
Can't be arsed with it any more, just people blabbing about how amazing their life is, or on the flipside leaving comments like, "Now I'm pissed off" and every fucker saying "whats wrong hun, inbox me"

Thing is I convinced myself it is useful but it really isnt, its just a waste of time. I can do all the procrastinating I want on here without all the faux soap opera bullshit (ok sometimes there is some but I love all of you guys)

It will be interesting to see if I feel "disconnected" in some way.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Legions of JB stalkers will be mortified by the decision.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I left Facebook a while ago.

It was like comitting suicide and then having to face the consequences. I was being questioned as to why I left for months. Life was MUCH better without it.

Was off it for over a year but I'm now back. It's pretty pointless and will probably take a break from it for a bit until I start trying to gain a social media presence for my band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4562
    Alert the media!! oh, you have .. well done chap, i'm praaad of ya
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Legions of JB stalkers will be mortified by the decision.

Face it, some of those holiday bikini photos were a bit much..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Smart decision, but how the hell are you supposed to see what your old mates from high schools sister made her dog for tea with a cool filter?

I don't think you've thought it through
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't fault you there. The only reason I keep it going is to promote band stuff...OK, so I enjoy the odd "discussion", but too often it devolves into mudslinging. For some reason, I don't seem to mind it so much on here...
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    I've just rejoined and wish I hadn't.  Facebook is a difficult monster to tame.  You did right to walk away from it.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15590
    difficult one with the old FB, a lot of groups/interests I either belong to or am interested in used to have their own discussion forums. seems many of them have gone over to using FB, even the more counter culture type ones. So in order to stay in touch with folks that I want to or whom I learn a lot from I kinda need to follow suit. However I am wary of posting on FB, even though I have the highest security setting (erm, think I do anyways).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm sorry my wonderful life drove you away in jealousy :(
    My V key is broken
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10444

You can never leave facebook, even if you deactivate your account it's still there the next time you want to log on. That's actually the best way to use it, you can check all the band sites and useful stuff but won't have to wade through all the other notifications that comes with it
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Danny1969 said:

You can never leave facebook, even if you deactivate your account it's still there the next time you want to log on. That's actually the best way to use it, you can check all the band sites and useful stuff but won't have to wade through all the other notifications that comes with it
    https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    VimFuego said:
    difficult one with the old FB, a lot of groups/interests I either belong to or am interested in used to have their own discussion forums. seems many of them have gone over to using FB, even the more counter culture type ones. So in order to stay in touch with folks that I want to or whom I learn a lot from I kinda need to follow suit. However I am wary of posting on FB, even though I have the highest security setting (erm, think I do anyways).
    You don´t. I can see you page from any log in (just did mine and the mrs to be sure)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15590

good to know.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12406
    Although I didnt post on it loads, I would browse about on it out of habit, it will be weird. I think I've visited facebook everyday for 7 years, gosh. @holnrew you are loads funnier on here :)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Can't be arsed with it any more, just people blabbing about how amazing their life is, or on the flipside leaving comments like, "Now I'm pissed off" and every fucker saying "whats wrong hun, inbox me"

I think Facebook and Twitter has caused a new sort of pseudosympathy that you only see online.  I bet that half of them only take interest in others to be nosy.  
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Me and miss d8m quit January 1st 2014.

The only stuff we've missed is the stuff that we had no interest about in the first place!

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    What is Facebook?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom