Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Posh reverb.

What's Hot
shadyshady Frets: 252
I have a hondo of burpday cash burning a hole in my pocket and I have a flea in my ear about reverb.  Spring reverb doesn't dunk my biscuit particularly (especially the one on my amp), nor does reverse but for about the £100 mark there are three pissabolities that offer max bang for buck, in order of interest:

Hardwire Supernatural
Hall of Fame
Digitech Polara (don't see much diff between this and Supernatch)
EHX Holy Grail Max

I like a long plate and halls me.  Shimmer and whatnot is ok for shits, giggles and ambient fecking about I 'spose...

Any input about any of the above or owt else would be grand and the forum is now open to ridicule the new 40 year old. Ta.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    edited January 2015
    Zoom ms70cdr, they're all in there. . particle, cave, hall and you get 97 other effects too. it is rather good for 80 of your earth pounds

2mins33 for cheesey example
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    if its the more ambient type you like, i just got the stereo version of this one today, and its really good:
    http://zcatpedals.com/?dir=view&id=big-trails
  • Sorry to plug, but i got a Dr Scientist Reverberator going for about a one'r in the classifieds.

3 halls, 3 plates and 3 rooms, plus a modulated reverb.

Check them out, u might fancy it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2015
    The TC Hall of Fame doesn't have a true shimmer, but in the toneprints there's some great ambient verbs (the Jonsi/Sigur Ros one is awesome). It does have a toggle for long/short pre-delay that I really like. 

Look at the Trinity version as well as that has some "exclusive" verbs, but you can also add any regular HoF Toneprint. 

The Supernatural is also great, but no option for the pre-delay which for me lets it down (I like to strum big chords then have a glorious reverb wash in over it).
  • I had an RV5 for al ong time before i got my walrus audio and it was great! The Modulated reverb was delicious and you get a tonne of other types of reverb too, you can pick one up for about 60 groats second hand too! :) 
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Thanks for all the suggestions, you lot are the best...I've been Googling my lil' titties off all morning and might have pull the trigger on a Trinity 2.
    shady said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions, you lot are the best...I've been Googling my lil' titties off all morning and might have pull the trigger on a Trinity 2.
    Good choice. I had the Trinity 1 but sold it when I got a Big Sky. Great little pedal those and the Toneprints will keep you happy for ages.

Happy Birthday btw...it's my 40th in June (shudder)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The HoF is okay... but everyone has one now, and they do have a definite sound. I've had a few, and could never quite get it to sit right in front of my distorted amp. It's almost like it's too high-def. The Hardwire RV7 and Boss RV5 sit nicer for me, even though they're not as well talked about.

I loved the Supernatural, but the way I use reverb, I didn't need a lot of those extra sounds that it does. I do quite fancy a Polera, because it's basically a Hardwire RV7 with the Halo mode.
  • For pure tonal quality, you've got to check out the Mr. Black Supermoon. Beautiful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    EQD Ghost echo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    All opinions have royally Youtubed.  Over and over...

Kept going back to the T2 though.  Guitarguitar have my money and they'd better come good on their next day delivery promise.

Yay for turning 40 and for the new toy it bringeth.
  • TimmyTimmy Frets: 23
    Have you considered the neunaber stereo wet. If you don't need spring then check it out, think there is one going on the forum. its the fullest sounding reverb I have heard from a pedal. Sounds enormous and mixes with your guitar perfectly. Only does one ish sound though ( can slightly eddit with computer as well as load up the other pedals from neunaber delay chourus etc.)
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I'm a long time fan of the red panda context reverb. Very deep sounds
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Hymnal said:
    I'm a long time fan of the red panda context reverb. Very deep sounds
    I just bought this pedal and 1st impressions are very good, especially for Gate, Plate and Verb + Delay modes
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    The cathedral with short pre delay and blend just below 11 o clock is nice too. It takes a while to get used to, it can be a difficult pedal to dial in but very worth it.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    It looks like the T2 is a fine choice sir

Bonkers pedal.  Shades of Rainbow Machine.  I like it.

Nice one.

You're partly responsible, I should really give you a wisdom.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I am still confused about how does a reverb become posh.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom