Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Posh reverb.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    I had a Mr Black. It was crap. Get a Walrus Audio Descent or Eventide Space :-p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Coda sell Fairfield
  • Lew said:

douchebag. Must have been that dirty Suhr you were running into it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lew said:
    I was about to get my handbag out until you recommended the eventide space...

as you were ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I may have a brand new EQD Ghost Echo for sale, which ive just taken in as part of a 3 pedal trade... And it sounds velly nice indeed (my main reverb is a Big Sky)
  • ellandroadhero;513597" said:
    I have the t2 as well. I like it although I find it a little digital sounding. My eqd dispatch master has a much warmer tone to it.
    Yep, bang on... The EQD DM is simply stunning, it really is... Ive yet to find an EQD pedal i didnt like. They seem to sound just right...

Reverb king, and ultimate posh, has to be the Big Sky. Mind blowingly good, and plays very nice with dirt and dirty amps, imho.

To be fair it wasn't the Super Moon which I'd like to try for the modulation. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I've just obtained a Hardwire Reverb. 

It stands up very well to the Strymon and Neunaber I have in my possession. Definitely the best reasonably priced verb I've tried.
  • Lew said:
    To be fair it wasn't the Super Moon which I'd like to try for the modulation. 

which begs the question.....

Which Mr. Black did you manage to review badly?! The whole range is great as far as I can tell
    Deluxe Plus. Trem was ok. Reverb was shit. And useless past 90clock. Soz!
  • Ah, haven't tried that. I've got the Supermoon and Eterna, both of which are incredible. Also used to have a Downward Spiral which was excellent, and an awful lot of self indulgent fun. I'm told the Black Ltd Darling Fuzz is gigantic, and the Dark Echo looks every bit like a match for the EQD Dispatch Master. SO THERE.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited February 2015
    I'm sure @Lew and @GavHaus will kiss and make up soon when they realise they are both right ;)

I've got a few reverbs that may classed as posh I guess.  The Supermoon is an incredible pedal which may only be a one trick pony but it is an incredible trick and the modulation is spot on.   The Dispatch Master is it's own thing and on a small board can get you so much from such a small footprint.  The Topanga is probably one of the best spring reverb pedals I've ever come across and really deserves more attention.  It doesn't just turn to mush when used with dirt which is one of it's real strong points.  I've got a few more (Eterna Gold, Galaxy, Ghost Echo, Dispatch Snr)  but am in the process of trying to end my reverb quest by sorting out the purchase of a full on valve driven reverb tank by Satellite amps:

I know it won't cover all the fancy stuff like the Strymon big computers and takes up more space, but for pure tone alone it should be an absolute corker (especially with the added gain stage it can give when driven)
  • GavHaus said:
    Ah, haven't tried that. I've got the Supermoon and Eterna, both of which are incredible. Also used to have a Downward Spiral which was excellent, and an awful lot of self indulgent fun. I'm told the Black Ltd Darling Fuzz is gigantic, and the Dark Echo looks every bit like a match for the EQD Dispatch Master. SO THERE.
    I lovingly refer to my Darling Fuzz as my slag pedal. Its pure filthy fuzz in all the best ways. 
    Really glad I got that one!

As for a bad EQD pedal... easy. The Organizer and the rainbow machine. Hats off to them for doing something unique but neither quite cuts the mustard. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I'd like a Supermoon. Looks brill and unique.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Is a posh reverb a reverb with a condom on?