The Source Audio NAMM 2015 thread

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
I am kinda expecting to be selling a bunch of stuff to fund a giant Source Audio based rig in the future. They're doing some amazing stuff!

- New pedals: Tremolo, Phaser, Chorus, Bass Distortion, Fuzz, Delay
- Neuro module: small module that goes into 3rd party pedals to make it work with their entire eco-system
- Midi controller to control their hub, pedals, and any 3rd party pedals you've got that have the Neuro module

And here is something @monquixote might be interested in... the delay pedal... down on the left:
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    Ooo that looks really interesting 

I do hope they do a proper foot controller though.

The ability to integrate Neuro with a range of analogue pedals sounds amazing.
  • Neuro is a great idea - however, I think it needs to be an open standard if it's going to become more pervasive; either that, or it needs to come from a much bigger company than Source Audio to persuade enough pedal makers to integrate it. The problem with these ideas is that if there's not enough take-up in the industry, going with this kind of solution actually limits your pedal options.

For example...I can't see TC going for this.

I suppose the alternative is to make it relatively easy to integrate as an aftermarket add-on, but I don't know how practical that is (especially with pedals that don't have a lot of room inside for extra hardware).
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

The crystals mode has reverse. So I'm hoping that using their deep-editing tools, you can turn off the crystals octave up and just have it as a regular reverse delay. The CEO said on The Gear Page thread that the delay would allow users to carve out their own algorithms.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    ohh this could be the delay I'm looking for... might have to wait!
    Drew_fx said:
    The crystals mode has reverse. So I'm hoping that using their deep-editing tools, you can turn off the crystals octave up and just have it as a regular reverse delay. The CEO said on The Gear Page thread that the delay would allow users to carve out their own algorithms.
    It is not so!!! NO WORRIES. THERE IS REVERSE. Those are not the final group of top level effects. Reverse will more likely take the Tape 2 slot.

From the horses mouth!

• Wow, that sounds fantastic. 
  • WORTH IT FOR CRYSTAL SETTING ALONE. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    very nice indeed, sweeper mode ftw!
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    I love source audio gear, great company who aren't afraid to try something new, and this lot all look fantastic.
    The Nemesis was built as a delay algorithm development platform. What you are hearing is a quick selection of some of the effects we will show at NAMM. HOWEVER, this tool is not only available to us so that we can create the effects, BUT is it also available to the general public so that those of you who know about delays can go and create your own and then share them with the world....or yourself. I am not calling this a parameter editor for good reason, because it is so much more than that. This opens the door to lots of new delay effects. Hope I am being clear about this...

• Drew_fx;488274" said:
    The Nemesis was built as a delay algorithm development platform. What you are hearing is a quick selection of some of the effects we will show at NAMM. HOWEVER, this tool is not only available to us so that we can create the effects, BUT is it also available to the general public so that those of you who know about delays can go and create your own and then share them with the world....or yourself. I am not calling this a parameter editor for good reason, because it is so much more than that. This opens the door to lots of new delay effects. Hope I am being clear about this...
    *salivates*

Nice to know it will be a community thing - downloading other's patches.

I still think it's worth it for crystal alone. That's a cool setting!
    Delay is coming in June apparently. I think the other pedals are supposed to be around March.

I've got some stuff to offload it seems!
  • Drew_fx said:
    Delay is coming in June apparently. I think the other pedals are supposed to be around March.

Carefully does it, dude...otherwise we'll all have to just sit here and wait for the inevitable "WTB: Boss DD-7 x 2" thread ;)
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:

Carefully does it, dude...otherwise we'll all have to just sit here and wait for the inevitable "WTB: Boss DD-7 x 2" thread ;)
    har har har
  • Ah c'mon...that's at least worth a LOL.
    <space for hire>
    You get nothing from me, you evil harpy.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited January 2015
    Some pictures for ya, Drew:

imageimage
  • hi All!  
    My name is Nuno, I work for Source Audio.

This is my first post on this forum. I just found out about thefretboard.co.uk from a guitar player in the UK so I wanted to stop by and say Hello and answer any questions that you guys might have about Source Audio Gear.

Here's a link to our blog if you want to check out some more videos with the new gear that is coming out soon:

The One Series Pedals will be ready by spring as well as the Reflex expression pedal and we are making some final changes on the Nemesis Delay which should be out in June - Stay tuned! 
    cheers  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    Hello @ncabral welcome, mine's a rum and coke .. make yourself comfortable and enjoy your stay
  • Welcome on 'board @ncabral, good to have you and Source Audio here to contribute.

I really like the way Source innovate, you guys have some great products.

Nemesis should be a good earner for you, I am excited about that especially.

As DesVegas said, traditionally the first round is on you, mine's a pint ~ of JD  ;)