British Councils at international property fairs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Sambostar;492225" said:
    Taxation is higher in the USA, but overall cost of living is cheaper, but they don't have an NHS.  Basic medicare will patch you up though.Mind you, even with medicare, you don't wait 13 hours for an ambulance.
    No, but you could be paying for your ambulance ride for 13 years if you're not adequately insured.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30970
    mellowsun said:
    Gassage;491044" said:
    That's about how much I paid
    And a few years later it's worth 1.9 mill? Crikey

Yup- it's next door to Westfield. I lived in a building site for 5 years, then when it opened and thearea was improved it utterly flew through the roof...plus we did  load of refurb work - and I called in every favour in the  architectural products field that I'd ever been owed....things like internal posh glazing, glass brick walls etc...shame my ex cuttently lives in it snd I don't.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15643
    so, to clarify: you have a house with a market value of 1.9 million and Andertons Guitar shop gave you the bums rush? You really should get a written valuation and send a copy to them. And each time you buy an expensive bit of gear, send a photo to them.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    VimFuego said:
    so, to clarify: you have a house with a market value of 1.9 million and Andertons Guitar shop gave you the bums rush? You really should get a written valuation and send a copy to them. And each time you buy an expensive bit of gear, send a photo of your arse to them.

Corrected for an omission.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2015
    underdog said:
    thomasross20;489559" said:
    UK's going down the pan! Housing is the biggest scandal that just wont die right now. Probably cheap compared to those in England but we looked at basic homes at the weekend which started at £285k. Ridiculous! Sorely tempted to pick up sticks and finally make the move to Munich.
    £285,000 for a basic house, Jesus Christ. That'd get you a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with a big garden here. Or a building plot with planning and enough left to build a 4 bed detached on it.

Where do you live? 

FYI I wouldn't buy in Munich - it's even more expensive! But rents are better controlled and I love the place. USA/Canada is tempting apart from the work hours involved.

House prices are the biggest con going! 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2015
    Because of the high cost I've made good and bad decisions. Lost £20k in share deals a couple years back. £1.5k back up now but still on a major loss. I think I'm starting to regret my career choice. Engineering is very difficult and £35-65k doesn't cut it when you see a whole host of other jobs paying (a lot) more, with less complication. I'm looking at IT/accountancy but just don't know about making the jump. At age 30, I'd better think about doing something soon. 
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    TR20 is 30. Jesus TF Christ I feel old.
  • Time flies........!!