Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone on here rich with unlimited GAS funds?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    No, I'm not. But, If I want something that badly, I will have it. I'm v good at NOT spending on stuff I want but don't 'want'. Thankfully.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have never been rich but when I was on a really good wage and no outgoings (I now have kids and a lesser paid job so thats now a disant life time away!) I could have pretty much any guitar I wanted and I did. 

At one point I had a Gibson Tal Farlow, Custom shop ES330, custom made Strat, and a Lespaul 70s deluxe, and you know what, I totally didn't appreciate them, they were gotten purely for `GAS and I had so many guitars go through my hands I didnt get excited about them any more.

When I lost my job I had to sell them all, so was left with a sg faded, for a long time, but I am really glad I went through that as I have had to work really hard to get the guitars I want again. 
    Getting the Humming bird and Guild I have now were truly exciting days, Those guitars are played daily loved and push me to be a better player, I no longer get guitars "just because" anymore, new ones have to have a purpose, 

I have 4 keepers in all and one I am selling and to me thats all I need, but I still feel very honoured to have the Guild and Gibson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited January 2015
    I like saving for gear. 

Makes me appreciate it more.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3050
    Gear is just gear. I want to be a better musician. But you can't buy that, it involves work. So, gear it is :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    Gear is just gear. I want to be a better musician. But you can't buy that, it involves work. So, gear it is :)
    You mean Paul Gilbert's fingers aren't for sale!

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    robinbowes;495022" said:
    Welcome.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    @mrchi hey Matt, glad you're loving the Guild!  All mine (including the L50) are safely in their cases whilst Our Maud continues her "remodelling the house" rampage, but I'm looking forward to getting to know it very well.  I'm guessing the Godin 12 is one of the keepers, and not the one for sale? That is one BEAUTIFUL guitar!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @Nitefly Hi Al, the Godin has not been touched since I have had the Guild, and it really need to be played, so it will be up at some point but being a Godin it prob won't sell and really I won't be annoyed it if sticks around!
    I hope you bond with the L50, I do miss having a guitar with such character and history around, but it's definitely gone to its rightful home with you!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I reevaluated my path to riches when i got married, then i delayed it by having my first child, and now i've given up on it since having my second child.

But i still have GAS...so something has to give...i need to find some good lawyers!
  • samzadgan said:
    I reevaluated my path to riches when i got married, then i delayed it by having my first child, and now i've given up on it since having my second child.

But i still have GAS...so something has to give...i need to find some good lawyers!
    Lawyers rarely leave you with sufficient GAS money. They may be good at making sure your legal adversary doesn't get your money, but that will usually be at the expense of their fees, and you will not be substantially better off. The best way to keep your GAS money is to spend it on GAS before anyone else knows you've got it, and then hide what you bought.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    samzadgan said:

Lawyers rarely leave you with sufficient GAS money. They may be good at making sure your legal adversary doesn't get your money, but that will usually be at the expense of their fees, and you will not be substantially better off. The best way to keep your GAS money is to spend it on GAS before anyone else knows you've got it, and then hide what you bought.
    "...no dear, I've had this one for ages."

• My wife has an interest in my playing and within reason lets me buy nice guitars, effects and amps. I gig a lot, tech a lot and work FT so they all do get used. If I wasnt gigging, Id have no need for any more than 2 guitars and an amp, and Id probably have less.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

I haven't bought any new gear for years - and as a result I can afford to buy anything sensible without having to liquidize any assets. I'd rather keep the cash for a rainy day.

Jalapeno said:
    Evilmags said:
    I know someone who owns two Stradavarius violins. He plays one and lends another to a concert violinist. He's no less likely to loose money than in shares.
    Think he's far less likely to lose money IMHO.
    Shares are more likely to survive being reversed over, though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    I've decided If I ever win the lottery Jackpot.

I'm buying all you guys one of these each!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Actually they are very good at creating the Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze / Edwyn Collins - Never Met A Girl Like You Before - bee in a jam-jar fuzz sound.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback