New Musicman Majesty opinions??

What's Hot

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1332
    edited January 2015
    Love ebmm stuff and their very often innovative approach to guitar design, but this...
    It's JP's signature guitar, but since it's available to buy by mortals we all have right to say: Majesty, you're ugly as fuck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The new version without all the fake carbon is quite cool.
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    It's an ebmm guitar so it will play and sound killer. Having said that the shape doesn't do it for me.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I've just sat through the video, it's even worse than the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16341
    FFS can't Petrocelli buy himself a Uli Jon Roth style Sky guitar and have done with it? http://nealsvintage.com/ebay/dean/uli-john-roth.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Fugly. Petrucci should go back to his Ibanez.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    edited January 2015
    bazxkr said: Don't forget guys this is purely built on look and sound/tone/playability specification as desired by JP alone & to please him. Not us.
    Well yeah, but EB would like to sell them.  It doesn't help when it's an inherently unappealing guitar.  Was one of his desires to EB: "One thing I want is for it to look shit, I mean
    really shit."

IMO all previous incarnations of JP signature guitars are aesthetically pleasing.  Unfortunately this one isn't.  I actually feel repulsed by it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Not fussed. Might look a bit better without the trowel on the front of it.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    edited January 2015
    literally the most vomit looking guitar i've seen in a good decade
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    beed84;499598" said:
    bazxkr said:

Don't forget guys this is purely built on look and sound/tone/playability specification as desired by JP alone & to please him. Not us.

Well yeah, but EB would like to sell them.  It doesn't help when it's an inherently unappealing guitar.  Was one of his desires to EB: "One thing I want is for it to look shit, I mean really shit."

IMO all previous incarnations of JP signature guitars are aesthetically pleasing.  Unfortunately this one isn't.  I actually feel repulsed by it.
    May be inherently unappealing to you but not to me and obviously a lot of other people , so that generalisation is wrong me old fruit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    edited January 2015
    I'm sure EB would like to sell a whole bunch.... & with the state of the market every guitar maker needs to do that to survive.
    I can understand why this is not everybodies cup of tea...but all our tastes are different or life would be worse than it is.

Over time the sales will tell. And JP is always changing/moving forward with new ideas which is noit a bad thing.

I believe Petrucci is one of the biggest signature guitar selling artists so it will hurt EB if it flops. But at least the EBMM signatures are exactly what the artist plays...so they can go into a shop before a gig & buy one off the shelf the same as they use. Most signature guitars are just a facsimile of what the actual artist uses. So if you buy one you are least getting the real thing.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    No-one likes the carbon fibre shovel :D

I think it's great apart from that, it's really grown on me. The new posh ones without the carbon look much nicer.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited January 2015
    Didn't Skeletor play one of these in He-Man the movie? 

My two pence… horrible in the pic.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    mrchi said:
    beed84;499598" said:
    bazxkr said:

Don't forget guys this is purely built on look and sound/tone/playability specification as desired by JP alone & to please him. Not us.

Well yeah, but EB would like to sell them.  It doesn't help when it's an inherently unappealing guitar.  Was one of his desires to EB: "One thing I want is for it to look shit, I mean really shit."

May be inherently unappealing to you but not to me and obviously a lot of other people , so that generalisation is wrong me old fruit.
    I know that really.  I was generalising for effect.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3852
    Totes grim
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72981
    mrchi said:
    I like that! It looks like a cross between an Ibanez Artist and a John Birch Super Yob, and wouldn't have been out of place in the year I was born. (1967 :) )

The MusicMan thing, not so much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24798
    I still like it.

A plain colour would be best.

I'd happily play it in front of you lot as none of you have the class to want to steal it!

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

• oddballoddball Frets: 248
    It's sort of ok - it's virtually impossible to come up with an original design nowadays. First thought as soon as I saw it was it looks like the Ibanez Maxxas from about 19 years ago
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    I think it's ugly.  Watching the video clip it sounds like Petrucci and EB/MM put a lot of thought into the ergonomics so no doubt it plays very well, but visually the shape looks unbalanced with that huge upper horn (a bit like a vertically-squashed Gibson M-III with a hint of ESP Forest and the aforementioned Ibanez Maxxas).

Petrucci's previous sig models have all been nicer to look at IMO, but then I'm not likely to buy any of them so my opinion's irrelvant really.

Presumably there are some fanboys out there who've collected all the different Petrucci models.