Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

'Always on' Effects

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10738
    edited October 2013
    Channel 1: Keeley AD9 delay, and Keeley CH2 chorus

Channel 2: Keeley TS9 and Keeley AD9

All on very light settings.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Dave_Mc said:
    Is that what Herman Li uses?
    Nope.  Herman Li's always on effect is an empty coke containing an angry wasp.

That's so unfair. It's a hornet in his coke can.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Boss Compressor...really helps with my Tele, makes the clean sounds much more even and just smoother, and for the OD sounds I actually don't mind the influence of the compressor although I know some wouldn't like it.

Also have a mild reverb always on.

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    Back when i had my rook royale i could never bringmyself to switch the boost half off it just made everything sound 10x better and even bigger it was fantastic, shame i couldnt get on with the rest of pedal really so if ever they just make the boost i'll be all over it.
    TBH anything like that really any echo plex based preamp just makes everything sound awesome!
    Whenever i used a high gain sound my valvesporker will allways be there shining away and for high gain rhythm playing the phase 90 just makes it stand out and brings it to life.
    but hey thats just my humble opinion :)
  • I've got an Alembic Stratoblaster clone that I built which I have on a lot of the time. Not really boosting at all, just adding a bit of character. JFET preamps in general add a nice character to guitar tone that I like.

The other is delay; I always have a little bit mixed in.
  • My Boss CS-2 compressor has been "on" since about 1991.

Just evens things out before the guitar sound meets the other toys,,, 
  • Nobels Pre 1 at the very end of the chain.  Very good pedal for not much money.  Cool colour too!