SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gretsch Spectra Sonic.

What's Hot
cowmoocowmoo Frets: 43
edited November 2015 in Guitars £

2001 spectra made in USA at Hamer for the custom shop. Beautiful guitar in black nitro, TV Jones powertrons, B12 Bigsby, Switchcraft and CTS electrics, Chambered alder body with centre block, acoustic like spruce top, African Padauk fingerboard, 3 piece mahogany neck. G&G case.

Looking to trade this and cash against a post '03 vertical winged logo Gretsch white/black/silver falcon.or Lowden acoustic O or maybe F model,.    

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag286/OOMWOC/2014-04-16-4649_zps87b96e51.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cowmoocowmoo Frets: 43
    edited February 2015

bump

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ironically, i just bought some lizard green paint, and am currently in the neighbours pond asking derek the frog if it matches my eyes. I'll let you pay me to glue your sticky figures around my trombones orifice if that's ok?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that is my old spectra sonic?
    I want it back!
    Unfortunately the only think I would have to trade is a national resolectric great guitar but pretty niche. Slide players dream.
    Cheers, Tim.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Yes it is fella, It's been sat doing bugger all in its case since!  I've got another that I use and my phoenix, so it's surplus to requirements. 

Not my kind of thing sorry....but if you can trade it for that lowden i'll swap and give you the difference!!

• Which I had the funds, I'd have it back in a second. Are you selling it with the tru arc?
    If I can shift the reso I'll be in touch.
    Good luck with the sale mate.
    Tim
    I sold the lowrider tru arc, I prefer Comptons or the full size tru arcs as they don't sit so high on the posts. I'd really rather trade this and cash or anni against a falcon, if I end up with cash i'll only end up buying another guitar I don't need before the one I want appears!! Cheers!

Go on, dare to be different

edited February 2015

Other trades considered. I've refinished my '62 gretsch anniversary in the correct two tone greens, will trade both against a white, black or silver falcon, or a Lowden O series acoustic. (could add some cash for Lowden)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag286/OOMWOC/2015-02-08-6438_zps1eed7e4f.jpg

Still have to flat then clear coat, binding has been scraped ready. More pics when done.

Trashes Les Pauls, Twangs like a Tele, And Growls like only a Gretsch can.

No love for something unique?

(:|
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    PLease say you want my anniversary strat for this!:)
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, i'm afraid i don't, thanks though.
    Both still here towards a trade...ideally both against a falcon or Lowden. plus cash for the latter maybe depending on what. other things considered, Gretsch hollowbodies or Jets, ES135/7 types, Firebird 5/7 with vibrola. nothing pointy, Stratty, Les Pauly, or PRSy though. Thanks
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    lovely guitars....have you put these on http://gretschpages.com/ ?  I did have a quick look to see if yours were there.
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    Thanks...i spend more time at gretsch talk tbh but i've had them on both gretsch forums, some interest on GT but only transatlantic deals, which are not an option. The spectra is so unlike a gretsch the majority don't look twice, the anni so unoriginal it puts most off. No one wants something unique... :)
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    I think you should make a demo video of the Spectra Sonic.

If only I could try it out to be sure...

if I had the means to do it I would..but Mrs Moo is in South Africa with the cameras

watch Setzer in japan..and transpose the baritone sound up from C to E... :)

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    Oh, really?  I grew up in South Africa.  What's she up to over there?  And how come she left you behind?
    edited February 2015

She's there with her Uni course, biology and conservation, a week in Pretoria and a week in Botswana along the Limpopo...if I've got that right!!...something I should have done years ago but spent too much time messing about with guitars!!