SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gretsch Spectra Sonic.

What's Hot

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    Sweet.  You really should have gone along.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 43
    Need to sell some guitars to do that ;)
    edited February 2015

still here, still available for trade.....also considering quality acoustics, fender amps, bassman clones or the real thing. Tonemaster. other gretschs. etcetera etcetera.

Any other sites to try trading/selling on?...apart from the gretsch forums, reverb, gear page, tdpri, gumtree or preloved, les paul forum, surf 101????? it's wasting away under the bed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Pm'd
    edited February 2015
    Think i need to clarify my objective here. I have for sale or trade the spectra sonic, i want any one of the falcons mentioned or cash. I could put some cash in px or my 62 anni. I'm not selling the anni, it's there for trading. Should the spectra sell i'd use the cash and maybe try px the anni. If i get the falcon i'll consider selling the anni....unless someone makes an offer i can't refuse. The other trades mentioned are in case i can't trade or sell for what i want, but may be able to shift quicker, if i don't bond with them, I'm also looking for a Lowden O series single cut, but the same sell, px, trade applies. Selling the anni won't give me enough towards a falcon alone and i'm afraid i'd be tempted to spend the cash......nah it's still confusing, sorry.
    Still confused
    3:-O
    (:|
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Get it on Gumtree, and evil Bay bud, it's a lovely guitar, and will sell, it's just on here your market is very small due too only a tiny fraction of guitarists in the UK being on here , and telecasters are the flavour of the month, :-) I know eBay is horrific, but put it up for a buy it now, add the word trade /Px in the title.

Buy it nows are on for 30 days so your exposure is a lot better than an auction, I always do collection only, or will meet.
    I have never had ti pay eBay fees due to doing it this way so it's free advertising to the biggest market!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    What I'd add to that is that perhaps you should offer a return policy.  "If you're not happy for whatever reason, return it within 7 days in the same condition blah-blah".

I know that no private seller would really like to go that route, but I personally would have been tempted to buy the guitar on that basis.

But I accept that there will be a risk on your part, but which can be mitigated by a clear agreement beforehand with the buyer.

Not that I'm in the running, because I recently splashed out on a new R8.

It's the classic double-edged sword of having an "unusual" guitar which doesn't really conform to what most people have in their heads a particular model or make should be like.  You have to find a buyer who's out looking for something different, which can make things trickier than they would ordinarily be.  Personally, I love unusual, but due to not being able to try it out, I ended up going the more familiar route.

My 2 pence, for what it's worth.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    Bless ya mate for the advice :)
    it has actually been on ebay and gumtree and preloved and guitarmart.
    I will relist as you advise bud, but i also believe because these are so few and far between, not many have played one to get a feel for it, unlike the ubiquitous tele or lester!
    Appreciate the help, thanks mrchi :)
    edited March 2015
    sorry bodhi, i'm too slow to get my posts in, in order!!. That's right, i bought all the ones i've owned because they were different, sight unseen on the first. But i realised having two left isn't practical at all! An ocd thing methinx! Thanks both.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    No probs bud, with evilbay make it work for you, exposure is key so 30 day bin listings always work, as it gives time for peoples finances  and tastes to change, I have sold some really unmovable guitars by tweaking my listings, and by collection only, and speaking to the buyer first who always asks what the "cash price is" you dont have to pay ebay or paypal, , :D 

Auctions for guitars are a sure fire way to lose money, BIN is they only way these days.

I've never done an auction, too afraid of losing too much!

My listing on the bay should have ended by now. i'll tweak it today.

Thanks again bud, very much appreciated :)

• svejksvejk Frets: 148
    I've had some success with BIN or Best Offer. You can still get cheeky low ball offers, but you don't have to accept them, and you can make a counter offer if you think you're close enough. I guess you inflate your BIN in the hope of getting an offer of the figure in your head... Good luck (though secretly I hope it's still available when I finally win the lottery) :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks svejk
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    If you take the eBay route, do all in your power to make sure they don't hit the buy it now button.
    As soon as it sells through eBay (i.e. they hit buy it now), you automatically get the 10% fee on your account, before they've even paid.

Do whatever you can to invite messages before they commit to buy it.
    E.g. put it on a bit higher than you value it at, but put something like "sensible cash offers considered - message me" in the description.
    You can then do all your dealings on the messages and pull the ad when you've come to an agreement.
    So, in the end, you've only paid a small listing fee instead of a whopping 10% final value fee too.

It's not the end of the world if they hit buy it now.
    When they collect the guitar (or when you meet up), ask them if they'd kindly accept a "cancel transaction request".
    As they've obviously not paid through PayPal, eBay will not know if payment has been made yet, meaning you are still able to send the request.
    If they agree to accept the request (which only a nob wouldn't, IMO), you get your 10% fee back, and you can still leave feedback for each other - so everyone's a winner.

Obviously the above advice is "a bit naughty", but fuck 'em... as long as you're saving money, that's all that matters.
    eBay won't latch on to you as long as you're not sending cancel request every other day.

I've learnt all this the hard way.
    Got done over by eBay fees in the past when I was a bit clueless.

Good luck bud :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom