Noisy amp when using Pedals with power adaptor

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It's a good idea to try your setup in another room. I once lived in a house which had one really noisy room. I also heard that dimmer switches / various other lights can cause a hum. A while back I put my pedals & power supply on top of my amp which caused a lot of hum too. Sure no one else is as stupid as me though!

Biyang & Caline pedals plus other inexpensive gear:

SpartanMusic.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    It does it wherever I plug it in. I noticed it last gig and in the studio this week. I had to stop using it this week so has been getting progressively worse 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    d8m said:
    Sassafras said:
    The T Rex fueltank is just a rebadged Harley Benton.
    Only joking!
    I am intrigued by this.

Specially if it saves me money but is still up to the job.

Elaborate? 

:)
    I wasn't being serious,as far as I know HBs are nothing like TREX. It'd be interesting to find out how better built the TRexs are though.
    Hope TRex don't get their law department onto me now.
  • It might be worth restating that the HB PowerPlant Junior comes with a captured mains lead (the TRex is a euro connector) which has a Euro mains plug at the end. It's straightforward to fit a UK mains plug or you can use a Euro/UK converter (and I believe Thomann provide them free with the PP Jr now).
  • Harley benton power plan junior ! Awsome value and super quiet .I have terrible hum, old farm house, and it's sorted now ;)
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Thanks for the recommendation on the Harley Benton Power Plant Junior. Ordered it Sunday, it arrived today and I have to say I am very impressed. Totally silent, fits neatly into my pedal board, lots of spare cables & at a great price. Cant fault Thomann either. Fast delivery, good comms & they even threw in a EU to UK wall adaptor (not that I will use it, Ill just cut the EU plug off and fit a UK plug) For what I need , this is more than ideal, Cheers guys