HB modding challenge TE-30 Tele.

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Wow - that is a great job!     I want to do one of mine now :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    awesome
    An 'awesome' from the master. I must have done good! Much appreciated Wez.
  • TTony said:
    WezV said:
    awesome
    Indeed!
    Thank you very much Tony.
  • @John_P and @stimpsonslostson Thank you. It's gonna be a mixture berween gold and black hardware. Black tuners and string trees.
    Black control plate and bridge. Gold knobs, and abalone scratchplate. You all know my cunning plans now. Oh , yeah and gold strap lock/buttons etc.
    Not too metally, not too blingy either. Can you get black and gold strings? LOL

I'm now gonna Google Carbonita by Firbre as i'm unfamilair with that. It's a guitar I'm assuming?

Thank you all very kindly, I'm new to all of this, wish I'd have done this earlier, but 22 years ago when I started there was no f*cking interewebs.! 

Cheers for looking. More updates in a few days.
  • Oh My, @JudasVigilante. That is SO well done. I think you've won this challenge, then. So what's the 2016 challenge going to be, @Ttony :))
    You're another guy with amazing skills Andy, glad this pleases you. Grasshopper is trying his best to learn the ropes at this! Thanks.
  • It was a pun. Fender make a Cabronita, but as yours is coated in Carbon Fibre... Ba dum tish! No? I'll get me coat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah dumb dumb me.  Haven't seen that model before hence my stupidity! Just Googled it and it too is agorgeous geetar. Love the twin humbuckers. Nice. GuitarGuitar have one for 395 preowned. Not bad.
  • @stimpsonslostson Thanks for the cartoon. Put a smile on my face. Much appreciated.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    :-O looks absolutely stonking, a great idea and amazing execution - really looking forward to seeing it finished!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • @BigMonka Thank you BM. Really pleased with it so far. Got the rest of the hardware coming next week.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Great body finish there!
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    That's fantastic. It's goona look great.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Mmmmm.... does anyone do Titanium (or Ti effect) hardware at a reasonable price?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • I'll ask my brother-in-law for you. He charges about £50 a guitar which includes the wrap and trimming all cavities. I haven't seen titanium effect, but thats not to say you can't get it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh I see titanium effect hardware. Gotcha. Not sure, mine is mainly going to be black and gold. I've seen black nickel, but not sure from the photos how that looks. Cheers.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    edited February 2015
    Oh I see titanium effect hardware. Gotcha. Not sure, mine is mainly going to be black and gold. I've seen black nickel, but not sure from the photos how that looks. Cheers.
    Titanium seems kind of appropriate for the hi-tech Motorsport or stealth bomber vibe. Black nickel might work though.... :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got some hardware through the post yesterday and today. Got the bridge in rough position (wilkinson black and brass ashtray) and Vanson strap locks. Had to re-drill the strap lock holes. Ash, it seems is a very hard wood to screw into by hand. Bridge isn't fixed down yet, just in approximate position. Don't want to screw into place until I get wiring kit from Axetec and place the Ground wire in there.

Here's a couple of pics for now.

DSC_0043 DSC_0045
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks as always for taking an interest. Much appreciated, being a Noob at this.
  • Have a WOW! That's SWEET! 
    What's the plan with the pick guard? White for contrast or do you have something else up your sleeve?
  • as it`s carbon fibre coated, do you even need a pickguard?...