HB modding challenge TE-30 Tele.

What's Hot

Comments

• JudasVigilanteJudasVigilante Frets: 74
    edited February 2015
    @cacophony I need a pickguard to hold the neck pickup in place. As far as I'm aware. 
    @stimpsonslostson It's gonna be immitation Abalone, coming this week. Has to be drilled in a couple of places though.

Thanks for looking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • " I need a pickguard to hold the neck pickup in place."

i can see that now!!. that`ll teach me to look before i comment. what a winkle.

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    edited February 2015
    This is the absolute d**s b******s, @JudasVigilante ;

Stunning....quite stunning 
    =D>
  • This is the absolute d**s b******s, @JudasVigilante ;

=D>
    That means a lot to me coming from you Andy. Much, much appreciated.
  • This is the absolute d**s b******s, @JudasVigilante ;

=D>
    That means a lot to me coming from you Andy. Much, much appreciated.
    Just saying as how it is...  :)
  • JudasVigilanteJudasVigilante Frets: 74
    edited February 2015
    Well I got a spare hour this evening and decided to do a bit more. Got the machineheads fitted (Wilkinson EZ LOk from Vanson on Ebay),
    Roller string tree's (from Axetec), Fitted the neck, Had to drill new scratchplate and also fitted Wilkinson Pup.
    Getting there slowly but surely. I'm still waiting on parts arriving that were ordered before some of these parts were. When I have all, I'll really put the metal to the pedal and get it done. I also made a boob and only ordered one control knob. I assumed because there was a picture of 2, you got 2. Idiotic thing to do I know, now I gotta wait a few days more on just one coming! Doh as Homer Simpson says! The pickguard is imitation Abalone from Guitars Electric on Ebay. Not sure why it didn't come drilled for single coil PUP, I'm sure there's a reason. Here's some pics if anyones interested. Sorry for the dim light and flash photography. Bloody energy saver bulbs. I swear I'm gonna light my house up like Las Vegas sometime. I'm sure I alone ain't making enough difference to save the planet.! But I digress.!

Pics:

DSC_0046 DSC_0047 DSC_0048 DSC_0051

Thanks for looking as always and if you can comment or give any advice, I'd really appreciate. Also, feel free to point out any obvious mistakes I'm making as I'm no @WezV or @Andyjr1515
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited February 2015
    This keeps getting better & better! Well done!
    I notice you've stripped the headstock, how did you do it?
    I've done it before using a combination of acetone ("borrowed" from the solvent cupboard in my lab) to take off the decal and fine sanding to a good finish, followed by a few coats of oil to seal.

Are you going to rebrand it? Or stick with the cool minimalist vibe?
  • @stimpsonslostson I pretty much just sanded it off with rough sandpaper, then used finer and finer to get good finish. I'm going to rebrand it as one of my own. Got some clear adhesive label paper coming which goes on with waterslide method I believe. Ordered it about 4 days ago and hasn't come yet. Wish they'd hurry up. Thanks for taking an interest in the project. How's things progressing with yours?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    I would be pretty happy with those results, the wrap looks great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks very much @WezV. Means a lot.
  • I've stalled for now- too busy at work (& with baby prep at home).
    I'm just going to enjoy playing it as is for now- I've not had a telecaster before. By the time I'm ready to commence the big mods I'll be VERY sure what needs to be done (& will have all the parts and tools ready to go).

Yours looks great, you must be itching to get it strung up & playing!
  • Yeah, got the bit I hate to do though, the wiring. I can solder ok, but i'm not an expert.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Nothing wrong with your photography @JudasVigilante.  Really excellent work - truly a 'one off' and a work of art.  Enjoy.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• @Rocker Thank you very much. It's only my third modded guitar, and one of the first 2 was just replacing scratchplate and electronics.
  • It does indeed just get better and better! I can't get over the quality of that wrap and it sets off the colour of the neck beautifully :)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    The reason your pickguard didn't come pre drilled, is that vintage Teles have their neck pickups screwed into the body not hung from the plate. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• @impmann Thank you. That cleared that up. Cheers. Thanks also @Andyjr1515 How's the Cort bass coming along?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    This is an Incredible mod job. really stellar looking with that wrap!! is it tough?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The body looks really really good.

• thorpy6 said:
    This is an Incredible mod job. really stellar looking with that wrap!! is it tough?<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/f2eb0f8a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    Yeah it's pretty tough. It's the stuff goes on cars. It's really well put on and super tight. Best thing about it too is not only does it just like a second tight skin, and it's hard wearing, is that if I ever want to revert back to the original finish it just needs heated with hairdryer and it peels off. Doesn't even leave much residue or anything.

This is my first wrapped guitar, But I already have 2 more planned. A custom Mockingbird and a Cort CL 200.

But one thing at a time!

Thanks for your interest.

underdog said:
    The body looks really really good.
    Thankyou @underdog. Much appreciated.