GAS'd Out

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
I think i don't have the GAS anymore, I have a Sonic Stomp on the way and then that's it.  I spend hours scrolling through eBay and gumtree and youtube looking for effects i don't already have, or effects that i like the look of and i haven't found any for days.

I feel strange and slightly sad, whereas i know i should feel complete.  :/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Des,

I can personally cure this...

Read through this forum, TGP, YouTube, your favourite pedal website... And you'll be back in the land of 'wanting to buy all sorts of daft shit' in a few hours...

Guaranteed.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    I do Waz, and have done for many, many months .. i'm in limbo, i know i am
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7832
    what's your current supposedly-full list then ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    what's your current supposedly-full list then ?
    *pulls up a chair*
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7832
    If it's any comfort (or a warning ;) ) I have a GAS list that numbers around 10 pedals (though that number rises and falls weekly) and I'm expecting delivery today of a pedal I bought the other day that has never at any time been on the list :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • *pulls up a chair* (right next to Melted...)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I was but someone, possibly* Des is tempting me with a Hardwire distortion.......... 

*definetly.

And I'm well aware I don't really need another

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited February 2015
    Here's what i have and what it does

AC Tone - for cleaning up my cleans
    Eno trouble - for my OD's
    Toyroom FX Tickled Onions - for my fuzz
    Boss DD7 - delay and looper
    Boss Me-50 - in the loop for vibes, phaser, bit more delay
    Boss BF2 - ferlangee
    Muza FD800 - tremolo
    Zoom Ms50g and Zoom 100BT - for reverbs and moductions and drives and filters
    a couple of other pedals floating around like an anolog delay and lpd booster and a Sonic Stomp on the way
  • I thought this last year, it lasted, well not that long. Since my GAS complete post, I have bought 2 guitars, 1 Amp 5 fx pedals and a pedal train and a 2nd PSU...

You are nothing more than in a state of temporary limbo. Once you've had GAS, you've always got GAS. It's a matter of time...
  • See you could easily swap the DD7 for a moog/empress/flight time/eventide/Strymon/EQD or just add one of those. 

and thats for starters. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @meltedbuzzbox i'm LOL'ing that .. you sir, are a miracle.
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    You have hit rock bottom and found yourself in the gasless pit. A radical approach is necessary :

Go stereo - get yourself a rack to mount a midi controlled looper, a drawer for pedals and a few tasty 19" reverbs and delays.

All digital effects should run parallel to your analog signal so not to destroy the tone. If your loop doesn't do this then it might be wise to get a tap off the speaker out and run it into a solid state power amp and a speaker or two

Anything before the amp that's digital must be binned and replaced with finest analog circuitry

You'll need to get yourself a midi controller and a nice case to keep it in also.

This should help your gas return to normal levels

We're here for you if you need us, comrade

Good luck 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I've got to the stage where I'm happy with my sound although it's taken years and a lot of cash to get there. Having said that, I still look longingly at new guitars and have to tell myself I may want them but I don't NEED them. Unfortunately.
    I think that may be the situation @sassafras.. i don't actually NEED any more equipment .. @thecount .. i'll get this started tomorrow !!
  • DesVegas said:
    I think that may be the situation @sassafras.. i don't actually NEED any more equipment .. @thecount .. i'll get this started tomorrow !!
    Thats what I was saying in December 2014. 
    I have since spanked £600+ on 3 new pedals. 

Luckily pedals are my weakness (generally cheaper), the guitar and amp is definitely sorted. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7198
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, once you think you've got everything you'd want, the next level is to go round again upgrading them all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @gavhaus ad infinitum et ultra???
    Damn it!
  • GavHaus said:
    Yeah, once you think you've got everything you'd want, the next level is to go round again upgrading them all!
    I seem to have my mainstays. I always have one obscure pedal that generally gets changed over time (currently a Whammy V (no IV jokes please at the back))

I am blaming @GavHaus for my latest change in delay pedal. He has been chipping away at me for at least 6 months. 
    I have to say he seems to be right though. Very happy with the latest edition.