GAS'd Out

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24563
    I'm reporting the OP to the modmins for this perversion of a thread.

How dare you sir!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm reporting the OP to the modmins for this perversion of a thread.

How dare you sir!

Trust me, the guilt he will feel when he buckles and buys a new pedal will be punishment enough 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If it wasn't for my inevitable GAS for the pending new OBNE pedal, I think I'd be in the same boat tbh. Though I think if I allowed myself to add it all up, I've probably spent in excess of a grand on pedals since about November, (@meltedbuzzbox usually keeps track for me) so you'd hope I was nearly done.
  • GavHaus said:
    If it wasn't for my inevitable GAS for the pending new OBNE pedal, I think I'd be in the same boat tbh. Though I think if I allowed myself to add it all up, I've probably spent in excess of a grand on pedals since about November, (@meltedbuzzbox usually keeps track for me) so you'd hope I was nearly done.
    one day you will see the light and trade them all for an original klon and a PRS, get yourself a tweed amp and play the blues :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Then I'll stand said amp, and suspend myself from the nearest rafter. The swinging reflection of the soles of my shoes gleaming in blue flame top, both as lifeless as each other.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    Amen
  • GavHaus said:
    Then I'll stand said amp, and suspend myself from the nearest rafter. The swinging reflection of the soles of my shoes gleaming in blue flame top, both as lifeless as each other.
    would you be in blue matching shoes?

I know you have more sense than to that ;-)
    edited February 2015
    So what if i've just ordered a Caline Pure Sky and a Nine of Swords Tyrant Fuzz, that doesn't mean i have GAS.... I can handle it

(I think i might be in denial..)

• I've been waiting so long for my Fairfield haul to be delivered that I'm building up a whole new sympathy GAS in the meantime! Three entirely unjustifiable (even by my own very questionable standards) pedals have made a new want list.

This will never end.

edited February 2015
    I'm starting to think you're right @gavhaus, it may never end, i feel like Zammo from Grange Hill and i'm sure Heroin would be a lot cheaper to get hooked on
  • well i'm definitely not being Ro-Land

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I used to looooooooooooove jackie wright

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    one of the Grange Hill girls was in Mayfair. . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister