Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So these 2015 Gibsons with that logo....

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    It's potentially a nice idea for those who want to use different tunings, but most people stick with one tuning most of the time.

The standard guitar should have normal machine heads, which would probably have the advantage of making it a bit cheaper, and the robot stuff should be available as an option.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited February 2015
    I think the guitars look better put together. I'm not fond of the logo. But that's subjective. I'd have to Google the shit out of robot tuners, exploring any potential issues, replacement parts etc. Before I'd spend well over two grand on a lester with them on. I've no doubt they are great when they work. But if it stalled or jammed I wouldn't be a happy camper.
    Presumably I'd be able to go back to gibson and complain/claim?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • I'm not looking forward to when the current model of min e tune goes out to make way for an improved one, but the improved one has slightly different dimensions or whatever (because that's what companies do) and the old ones are obsolete.

Expensive repair, that. Much rather just get some grovers or klusons.
  • For the record, I'm not a nay sayer as such, but that puts me off. If you need multiple tunings for a gig, it's pretty cool when it works!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    There are two separate issues here.  The tuners are one thing and are a matter of debate, and I can understand those who say it is progress even if I don't agree with them.

The looks are something else entirely and I don't see how Gibson think they are going to sell.  They are hideous.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Is that true that they can be set to different levels of accuracy?
    That's a handy feature, I've often said to myself "tonight I want to play slightly out of tune so I can fuck up the song and piss the rest of the band off"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Not sure if this has been said yet (did not read all the posts) but a Gibson is a Gibson. Who gives a damn what the typeface for "Gibson" is. If it is a good Gibson, rare enough I think, then it is a good guitar. I thought audio guys were crazy discussing the differences cables bring to their system. Their utterings are sensible when compared to when guitar nuts write about something on a guitar that has absolutely no effect on the playability or sound of the instrument.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Is that true that they can be set to different levels of accuracy?
    That's a handy feature, I've often said to myself "tonight I want to play slightly out of tune so I can fuck up the song and piss the rest of the band off"
    what it means is that the default level is + or - 3 cents , you can get this down to + or - 1 cent if required.

you will see countless online vidoes showing that the thing tunes as well as any other electronic tuner does.
  • to be fair to tronical they now offer a cheap upgrade to owners of the original min -etune so they can upgrade to the gforce system for 99 euros. All you are replacing is the guts of the PCB and not the tuners as the tuners are the same. (you get a new computer basically)
    I'm not looking forward to when the current model of min e tune goes out to make way for an improved one, but the improved one has slightly different dimensions or whatever (because that's what companies do) and the old ones are obsolete.

Expensive repair, that. Much rather just get some grovers or klusons.

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    siraxeman said:
    hobbio said:
    Regular tuners can break too.

I agree that they should give the option to have standard tuners though, but I think it should be that way round. G-force as standard unless you specify it without.

To me that's exactly what they should do...maybe release some like the 2014 ones ie regular logo n tuners etc...and then release 50% in the new format...and let the buying customers decide where they put their money. I think Gibson might learn something there that is indisputable...proper market research ah tells thee!
    I seem to recall that Min-Etune was a factory option pretty much right across the 2014 range. Perhaps making GForce standard fitment for 2015 *is* a response to established customer demand?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...