Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ed Sheeran: quite cool, actually

What's Hot
OK, so Ed Sheeran's talking to Nuno Bettencourt, and he says that the second song he ever learned on guitar was Extreme's Cupid's Dead. Nuno, obviously, doesn't believe him. So...

I'm actually pretty impressed. Played it without a pick, too!
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I like the guy, he's obviously a talented song writer and living the life most of us would love. I don't get the dislike for him myself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Really, I was more ambivalent towards him than anything, but I have a new-found respect for the guy knowing he's an Extreme fan :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17854
    tFB Trader
    You can love or hate his songwriting, but he's a very skilled musician. 

The way he can completely command a huge festival crowd with just an acoustic and a loop pedal is hugely impressive.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    I've always quite liked him (and was a bit disappointed when his first album got overly liked by teenage girls, making me seem uncool for like it! lol). He's pretty talented and has even co-written songs for others, which at his age I think is pretty impressive.
    I'll check out the link you posted when I get home though.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • We had to learn Thinking Out Loud for a first dance last year - this was when the album had only just come out, and it hadn't been made a single yet so it was a completely unheard song to us....Gave me a newfound respect for the guy, it's a good song - which is subjective, I know - and his singing is extremely strong on it  - not so subjective, I would argue. Try singing along and you'll see for yourself.

• We had to learn Thinking Out Loud for a first dance last year - this was when the album had only just come out, and it hadn't been made a single yet so it was a completely unheard song to us....Gave me a newfound respect for the guy

Why? He didnt write it.  
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    We had to learn Thinking Out Loud for a first dance last year - this was when the album had only just come out, and it hadn't been made a single yet so it was a completely unheard song to us....Gave me a newfound respect for the guy

Why? He didnt write it.  
    He co-wrote it AFAIK, and judging by the rest of his material I don't think he just put his name to someone else's work without having a significant input.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka said:
    We had to learn Thinking Out Loud for a first dance last year - this was when the album had only just come out, and it hadn't been made a single yet so it was a completely unheard song to us....Gave me a newfound respect for the guy

Why? He didnt write it.  
    He co-wrote it AFAIK, and judging by the rest of his material I don't think he just put his name to someone else's work without having a significant input.
    This. Besides, it was more his singing that impressed me than the song itself.

• Popular musician has guitar based hits shocker !
    Maybe not exactly my cup of Rosie but I am otherwise impressed. Eric Jr, no stranger to live music, was impressed by him at the NEC.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • He's been playing Guitar since he was in short trousers, so he's obviously no mug. I think he's very talented and a proper Musician, he'll most likely know his Guitar Theory inside out too.

I'd like a closer look at that Strat too, it's the one he had on Jools Holland NYE Hootenay. It's interesting to say the least.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Brilliant Musican, and one we should all appreciate, if only for the fact he is helping bring Guitar music back fro the dead. which is sorely needed at the mo.

I have sen him at V festival, he can hold a crowd, with only him on stage, no mean feat.
    I learned I see fire from the Hobbit soundtrack, and its deceptivly hard. kudos to him.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    Some of his lyrics are a bit wet, but can't deny the man's talent. 

The wife said he was one of the best acts at Glasto last year. 
  • He's been playing Guitar since he was in short trousers, so he's obviously no mug. I think he's very talented and a proper Musician, he'll most likely know his Guitar Theory inside out too.

I'd like a closer look at that Strat too, it's the one he had on Jools Holland NYE Hootenay. It's interesting to say the least.
    Eric Clapton model, is it not?

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17854
    tFB Trader
    Yeah it's a custom shop crash strat.

Very rare

Ahhh, cheers, I honestly had never seen one like it before. I'm looking at the artwork on one on Google Images and I'm still trying to make out what it's meant to symbolise, maybe it's not symbolising anything.

The Colours too, what was the idea for the multitude of Fender Colours?

I still don't know whether to love it or hate it.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    Seems like a hard-working, talented and humble musician to me.  I quite like him and his music.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    edited February 2015
    Still a ginger though innit.
  • Bellycaster;524768" said:

Ahhh, cheers, I honestly had never seen one like it before. I'm looking at the artwork on one on Google Images and I'm still trying to make out what it's meant to symbolise, maybe it's not symbolising anything.

The Colours too, what was the idea for the multitude of Fender Colours?

I still don't know whether to love it or hate it.
    http://www.whereseric.com/the-vault/guitars-amps-and-related-equipment/eric-clapton-graffiti-stratocasters
  • I saw the vid on FB, as I follow Nuno on said site. Fair play to the ginger lad for his obvious talent and open musical mind.

I hate his music though, especially when he starts trying to rap...
  • Extreme are amaaazing. Love Nuno's guitar work.