Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ed Sheeran: quite cool, actually

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Much prefer him fighting Voldemort alongside Harry and Hermione

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    He seems like a really nice guy and is funny and self deprecating.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Not my cuppa, but my son is a top gear nut and was impressed young Ed showed up to do a timed lap of the course never having driven before. He seems like he is enjoying it and clearly talented

• I like him as a bloke, from what I've heard. Dealt with the flack from Noel Gallagher FAR better and more jovially than most do, writes a decent song and is just about the only person selling new music with guitars in it right now. That makes him ok by me.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    He's been playing Guitar since he was in short trousers, so he's obviously no mug. I think he's very talented and a proper Musician, he'll most likely know his Guitar Theory inside out too.

I'd like a closer look at that Strat too, it's the one he had on Jools Holland NYE Hootenay. It's interesting to say the least.
    Eric Clapton model, is it not?
    My all time favourite Strat, and that alone moved him up in my admiration. Superb taste !

Didn't dislike him to start with.

I think he (especially) and Jake Bugg get a lot of undeserved stick.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I think he's hugely overrated as a songwriter, but I'm sure he's a far better musician than me. He's having a great year or two, the lucky sod! Good luck to him.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Ed is getting a signature Martin.

Perhaps further evidence that he is a clone based on Clapton's spare foreskin.

That and the Crash strat. That's as far as that theory goes really.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    He's a local to where I used to work and by all accounts has always been a down to earth hard working solo musician. People were talking highly of him long before he made it, he's no overnight star, He's gigged every youth club, coffee bar, pub,club,village hall,theatre near and far and had no problems gigging any night of the week. His work ethic and determination are what has put him where he is and it's well deserved. Bear in mind that all that gigging is done (alone) with public transport or bumming lifts or hitching or simply walking miles in the dead of night. Knowing that I'm prepared to give him the respect he deserves.
    One man and his 6 string orchestra.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    Oh and he bought one of his sound engineers (or guitar tech's can't remember which) a brand new Porsche 911 when he had enough money to do so as the bloke had been talking about wanting one forever. 

What a LAD! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17854
    tFB Trader
    ESBlonde said:
    He's a local to where I used to work and by all accounts has always been a down to earth hard working solo musician. People were talking highly of him long before he made it, he's no overnight star, He's gigged every youth club, coffee bar, pub,club,village hall,theatre near and far and had no problems gigging any night of the week. His work ethic and determination are what has put him where he is and it's well deserved. Bear in mind that all that gigging is done (alone) with public transport or bumming lifts or hitching or simply walking miles in the dead of night. Knowing that I'm prepared to give him the respect he deserves.
    One man and his 6 string orchestra.

Indeed I think there was some story about him doing 250 gigs (or something like that) in one year before being signed. 
    That doesn't put him in the same category of many modern artists who are signed before playing a single gig.
  • Indeed I think there was some story about him doing 250 gigs (or something like that) in one year before being signed. 
    That doesn't put him in the same category of many modern artists who are signed before playing a single gig.
    Exactly. You don't have to like his music, in the same way you may not like local original bands' music but you'd still give them respect and not slag them off.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This:

..always reminds me of this:

• Ed is getting a signature Martin.

Perhaps further evidence that he is a clone based on Clapton's spare foreskin.

That and the Crash strat. That's as far as that theory goes really.
    He's had one for years

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12449
    My wife loves his album X, talented guy made it against the odds. I don't like his middle class rap tones though.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • There was something about it in the Premier Guitar newsletter, perhaps it's a new one. Goes looks...it's slightly different, all proceeds to a children's hospice in East Anglia.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.