Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitarists you didn't like/get until you heard/watched/saw them live.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16266
    Always been a big country fan but never realised how good Albert Lee actually was until I was 6 foot in front of him at a small venue Hogans Heroes gig 
     But the real shock was Doyle Dykes - I never even knew it was physically possible to play so much guitar in one handful and for so long ..........proper CGP  as Chet would have said
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    A mate took me to see Richie Kotzen a few years ago.. I'd heard some early shred stuff and the stuff with Mr Big and Poison but I didn't know his solo stuff.

What a gig! The guy had a Tele and a Cornford, no pedals.. And he sounded fantastic, until the amp blew and another was fired up. Amazing technique, tons of feel and great songs. But the best thing was his voice, what a fantastic rock and soul voice he has.

Seen him a few times since, always impressive.
  • ajaxajax Frets: 76
    Hank Marvin, saw him at the Strat Pack show.  Fantastic touch.  It was good to see that pretty the whole audience appreciated what he did.  A mention for Gary Moore at that gig too, came out & said he was going to do "Red house" by Hendrix.  I thought he was on a hiding to nothing there, but he nailed it