SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Last Klones

What's Hot
juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
edited February 2015 in FX £
Due to the rise of the Soul Food, it seems the market for Klones has pretty much died. Unsurprising I suppose, and exactly his plan. 

So, I've decided to purge all my remaining boards to get shot of them. I've got 8 left (two built currently, the remaining 6 will be complete in the next couple of weeks). Once they're gone, they're gone. I'll be building no more stand alone single box Klones after this.

They're £65 each plus delivery (£5 in the UK, £10 to the US, everywhere else depends on where...). Which is the 'get shot of them' price. I really can't do them any cheaper than this.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6210
    tFB Trader
    thats a beautiful build, much better than the soulfood and to be honest much better than the KTR, £65 is a bloody steal.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited February 2015
    Our first collaboration with our friends in the frozen north. We decided to design our perfect Klone PCB layout between us and conquer the world! These are the remainder of the 10 final protos I had made up about oooh 10 months ago ;)  Our conquerage was a little dampened by the arrival of the £60 Soul Food to say the least :P Damn you Mike Matthews! *shakes fist* lol.

Cheers dude.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6210
    edited February 2015 tFB Trader
    juansolo said:
    Our first collaboration with our friends in the frozen north. We decided to design our perfect Klone PCB layout between us and conquer the world! These are the remainder of the 10 protos I had made up about oooh 10 months ago ;)  Our conquerage was a little dampened by the arrival of the £60 Soul Food to say the least :P Damn you Mike Matthews! *shakes fist* lol.

Cheers dude.
    The thing is though, the soulfood as good as it is lacks something.... it sounds thin and raspy to my ears. No bullshit about magic diodes etc, it just doesn't sound quite right.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nearly bought one when they came out just out of curiosity, but never got around to it. I know they're slightly different, probably to get around it being a straight copy, but never looked into what he'd changed.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17659
    tFB Trader
    They don't have the right diodes (Silicon rather than germanium). 

@Handsomerik was modding them for a while to the correct spec, but he stopped because they are so badly made.
    They're just made cheap. I'd like to say you get what you pay for, but that's one of the things that so wildly variable in pedals that it doesn't always apply.
  • FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    edited February 2015
    I'll take juan of these! Can you pm me the deets for ppg pleez.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PM incoming

edited February 2015
    Both built klones claimed pending payment.

Cheers guys.

6 in-build ones still available.
    Edit - 2 built klones sold. Smashing!
  • Very tempted tbh but how does this sound compared to a modded soul food?
    I modded mine with ge diodes and a switch to flick between sillicon/off/ge and whilst it sounds better with the ge diode i fully agree its deffo thin and raspy.
    No idea, never had one. The SF uses some odd parts (more than just the diodes) that effect sound that aren't the same as klon traces that have been done. For example theres a 68n coupling cap that used to be a 1uf, a missing resistor, a later cap that's gone from a 4n7 to a 1uf, etc.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    As far as I can tell, there's no *legal* reason for the Soul Food not to be a straight Klone. I would bet that it's cos Mike couldn't resist having a go at "improving" the myth. ;)
    Beautiful board and wiring, though! A million times better than anything Bill ever did. You should give buyers the option of Tone Goop.
    The parallel parts suggest more using what parts he had rather than going out to improve things ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGrip said:
    Beautiful board and wiring, though! A million times better than anything Bill ever did. You should give buyers the option of Tone Goop.
    Tone goop is a £200 optional extra and turns the pedal case into a mojo containment unit. 

If someone has a requirement for goop, I'm sure I can find something to put in there...
    edited February 2015
  • I'll have one of those matey. pm me the neccessary
  • The Klone or the Butters Creamy Goo?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Pmed