SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Last Klones

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    juansolo said:
    All gone. Many thanks all.

Think you need to reissue it so we can talk about how much better the originals were ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2015
    LOL, highly unlikely! ;)

Though I have a single 1590A Klone board left. thinking I might built the Ultimate Klone, that covers all known tone mods and a few different unicorn tear diodes...  Though I might keep it for a multi, dunno.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • harpoharpo Frets: 177
    Ah but it won't be number 'x of six' .....very Star Treck like
    If I ever bother making it it'll just be an experiment to show some known variations on the Klon circuit. To be honest, I'm fairly certain that I'm all kloned out. Got some car stuff to be working on for the next week or so, back to pedals after that.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Woot mine arrived today all safe and sound. Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to plug it in later. Feels really well made and the pots have a nice feel to them

Thanks @juansolo
  • Got it! Gave it a quick 5 minute blast and it is the business. Beautifully put together and has that something that so many other pedals don't reach. Ta
    Cool that they're starting to land :)
  • harpoharpo Frets: 177
    Got mine too cheers!
    Smashing, I think they should have all landed by now.
  • Man, that's some great work there, sir. Neatest home build I've ever seen and great attention to detail and clear appreciation for the pedal.

Not sure the bottom has maxed out on the Klon clone market quite yet, just look at the sales of the post-Soul Food J.Rockett Audio Designs Archer that sells for around £150. Maybe your excellent business idea still has hope...

edited March 2015
    It has noticeably. There's a KTR in the FS section at a very sensible price with no takers. Time was they could be sold at a premium. I've been using klones as a slow trickle of income for the capacitor fund for some time and when the Soul Food came along the perceived value of klones (including the KTR) came down with it. I just finally decided to get them out of the door to recoup the money I'd spent so dropped them to the price that they seem to sell for now. Problem is that it's not a price that it's worth me building them at. Hence the one off nature of this offer. The time/effort required isn't paid for by the difference in the parts cost vs sale.

The Archer at £150 is an anomaly. What the Archer has in it's favour is that the first batch of KTRs were made by Rocket. So they're seen as being 'real, proper clones'. As there's so much bullshit out there about which klones are the best and oh, it sounds the same but doesn't feel right. It's all bollocks. There are no unicorn tears. Just physics.

Plus also understand that he's mass producing the boards for that, it's SMD, so all he has to do is assemble it. Realistically I can't sell a hand made pedal for the price of a mass produced pedal made to a price like the EHX or Rocket. The time involved and the costs of doing things ultra small scale mean that realistically I'd have to sell a single pedal at the price of the Archer. Without the kudos, no one is going to give me £150 for any single pedal. I couldn't sell them at £80...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sir, you are a legend and it's a real shame your excellent work and skill didn't pay off as you expected. Hope things pan out much better in the future - maybe when you're CEO of Rocket?
    They're doing just fine for themselves. Nah, I'll be building computers for a living again before long. I can feel it.
  • If you build the 1590A, I'll have it.

Will let you know if I do. Though it'll be in a bigger box with the silly options I've mentioned if I do ;)