Boss GT-Pro Rack Preamp - Your Thoughts?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
Anyone got experience of these?

Snog, Marry, Avoid?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AVOID!!!!!!!

My main reason for saying that is that you described it as a preamp.  Although Boss effects are always good, the preamps sims are worse that virtually every other available option. 

If it's cheap and you only want it for effects then go ahead but there are many, many better amp modellers.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • More for the effects, actually - however, while on the subject of preamps...I actually like over-processed guitar (in a bad '80's style). :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• The thing is that it's not over-processed bad, it's just bad!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    edited February 2015 tFB Trader

AVOID!!!!!!!

My main reason for saying that is that you described it as a preamp.  Although Boss effects are always good, the preamps sims are worse that virtually every other available option. 

If it's cheap and you only want it for effects then go ahead but there are many, many better amp modellers.

Wisdom. 

I had a GT-100 and though it was a brilliant FX processor it's amp sims were worse than anything else I've tried (Line6, Fender, Blackstar, Zoom,Yamaha)
  • Then avoid I will (unless super-cheap) :)

• is it the cosm stuff responsible for those preamps?

Like everyone else has said, boss do an awesome effect but the amp sim stuff sucks balls
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I thought it was just me! I loved the functionality of the GT8, which is very similar in a floor based unit. But it sounded real uninspiring.