HB TE-70 Rosewood Tele - Oh Bugger!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    I heve some 8.5mm Klusons or Klusons clones in among my collection of spare parts, I don't know which off the top of my head, but I can and will take pictures and put up the pictures for you, I know they're 8.5mm, I'm happy to part with them if you want them.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Kluson locking tuners work well. The holes will need drilling out a bit.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @DaLefty - price and pics would be great. Thanks.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    edited April 2015
    I always use the Axesrus locking ones nowadays, even on the 'prestige' builds (the last strat was using up some Fenders I had knocking about but I would never buy any more specifically). I have always found them fully fit for purpose and they look OK too.
  • JudasVigilanteJudasVigilante Frets: 74
    edited April 2015
    I put Wilkinson EZ lok ones on my Tele mod guitar. No complaints at all. You can get them fron Vanson on Ebay. 
    @Andyjr1515 - do you mean their 'rear disk lock' ones for £27?
    Chalky said:
    @Andyjr1515 - do you mean their 'rear disk lock' ones for £27?
    Yes - the rear lock ones:

• RolandRoland Frets: 8816
    Best locking tuners I've ever used
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited April 2015
    Here are the Klusons clones, I'm looking for anything for them, they are yours if you cover the cost of the postage if you want them, all six of them, but be aware that they are 8.5mm and are non locking and are the style that don't use washers.  They are actually unused as well, they have never had a set of strings near them.

If you want them, Monday is the earliest I can post them, as there is no post office in the town I live in, but I'm taking the mutt to the vets on Monday for a checkup and there is a post office round the corner from his vets practice.

DaLefty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2015
    Yes please @DaLefty, please send me your details and cost so I can pay you. Thanks!
    Send me the address you want me to post them to, and let me know whether you want it signed for delivery or not, I have no idea how much it will cost, but how about you wait until you get them before you worry about paying for the postage.

DaLefty
    So I bought a cheap router from Screwfix and tried my hand today. Remembered someone telling me to use 1/4 inch cutter at 1/4 inch depth. It took a while and I did it free hand so the cavity has crinkle-cut edges. Easier than I thought.

The pickguard will cover it nicely so tomorrow I can try some different pickups....
    Bugger! Harley Benton tele pickguards are non-standard size. Mine is 7-8mm longer from bridge plate side to neck side of neck pickup. Consequently, replacement pickguards are too short! And the Thomann site reviews say the Harley Benton spares don't fit Harley Benton teles! Aargh! :((
    You can always buy a blank and cut your own pickguard, or if you have any other Teles try out their pickguards on it, or if you can't be bothered to do any of that you can always get a custom plate made to your specs, but that won't be cheap.

DaLefty
    Buying a blank. All my others seem to match each other so I don't know why the Harley Benton TE70 has an odd size.
    Made my own scratchplate in plain black. Relied a lot on a jigsaw but had to file a lot. Have put it in the guitar together with a Charlie Christian neck pickup. Will tidy it up if I decide the CC pickup is the one to stay in - the CC is a bit overpowering for the Oil City Alligator, which I've had to move right up close to the strings.
    Here is what it looks like so far. The Oil City Alligator is growing on me but the Charlie Christian is so beefy that even with it set as low as possible its still dominates. Like the look though. Think the cream colour works well - the Collings may be influencing me!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2itlj11.jpg
    They look good together @Chalky