Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

can you whistle a tune?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    viz said:
    I CAN WHISTLE TWO NOTES AT ONCE. 

yep, mrs bert can. 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    I can whistle a tune, so long as it only has one note, and that one's flat. And out of time.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• I can whistle and hum at the same time and also do a deeply annoying whistle guaranteed to get on you nerves after less than 20 seconds by flutter tongueing (woodwind players make the most annoying whistlers due to the amount of techniques we can employ in the pursuit of driving you nuts).  :D

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    holnrew said:
    I can, I used to be pretty good, but I'm out of practise. I can do tuvan throat singing though.
    when people talk about great gigs they have been to I like to feel my trump card is having seen Tibetan monks doing 90 minutes of throat singing at Birmingham town hall.  They were a lot better than the Damned anyway.
    3:-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    edited October 2013
    I saw Focus this week. Thijs Van Leer is an awesome whistler.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    boogieman said:
    I saw Focus this week. Thijs Van Leer is an awesome whistler.
    and yodeler IIRC. Less certain that is a lost art that needs reviving.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I can whistle a tune at ease, even using modes if I want. I never whistle using pentatonic minor. However I can't do the really loud two fingers in the mouth whistle, and for this i feel sad.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• I can whistle a tune at ease, even using modes if I want. I never whistle using pentatonic minor. However I can't do the really loud two fingers in the mouth whistle, and for this i feel sad.
    I can't do the two fingers in the mouth whistle either. Probably a good thing as I imagine I'd have been locked up for sexual harassment of random men in the street long ago.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I can whistle a tune at ease, even using modes if I want. I never whistle using pentatonic minor. However I can't do the really loud two fingers in the mouth whistle, and for this i feel sad.
    I can't do the two fingers in the mouth whistle either. Probably a good thing as I imagine I'd have been locked up for sexual harassment of random men in the street long ago.
    That's true, I hate being sexually harassed by womenz. There's nothing worse I tell you.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• I can't whistle a tune, yes. Like a few others above I can't do the "fingers in mouth ear-piercing" whistle thing but thankfully I've never been in a life-or-death scenario where that would have helped.