Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Top distortion pedals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 319
    Xotic SL Drive, Bogner Blue or Red or Suhr Riot Reloaded would be my shouts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Goosoniqueworx 7thvn. I run mine at 12v DC and it sounds massive & very front end of an amp like.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Why not just boost the front end of the Jester with an RC Booster or similar? Failing that buy a Weehbo JTM as everyone should

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Suhr Riot/Riot Reloaded, Wampler Pinnacle, Wampler SLOstortion
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Whats the sound in your head? Something I have noticed in my never ending search for the ultimate drive pedal is I have 4 different distortions I am after. Still trying to find one of them but the other 3 are basically covered. If you have an example of what you'd like post a link and that may help narrow it down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27175
    Start with a Rat. Everyone should start with a Rat.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I'm considering a Riot Reloaded at the moment. Can any users advise how they work into a slightly crunchy Marshall type amp? Or do they prefer a totally clean platform?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Way Huge Fat Sandwich for all my high gain needs.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    If my mk1 Wave Cannon is anything to go by I'd agree with some of the previous suggestions to check out Caroline Guitar Co Mk2 Wave Cannon.

Otherwise a few that haven't been suggested above to look in to (mainly all RAT based pedals)
    Arc Effects Soothsayer
    Emma Reezafratzitz
    Big Ear NYC Woodcutter
  • SetzerSetzer Frets: 37
    What about a Jouster as it has more gain than the Jester? I let my Pinnacle go as the Jouster covers the high gain stuff I used to use the Pinnacle for. If the Jouster covers the sounds you need then you could replace the Jester with it as you probably wouldn't have room for both!
    Valar Morghulis
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    @preston61

OK- P2- if that's too fuzzy (I find them too smooth) then here are things, as a devout Cornish user, I have tried in the OD range that I'd consider over PC Pedals....

1. Euphoria- love this pedal.
    2. Effectrode Blackbird- truly so good I almost swapped a SS3/G2 Duplex for it.
    3. KOT.
    4. jester or jouster.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Amptweaker Tight Rock for Plexi sounds.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    simonk said:
    I'm considering a Riot Reloaded at the moment. Can any users advise how they work into a slightly crunchy Marshall type amp? Or do they prefer a totally clean platform?
    Riots tend to prefer clean amps. For a slightly crunchy amp, the best sound in the world in my opinion is the Suhr Shiba + Koko Boost. Very versatile in terms of how many different tones you can get with a clean or slightly crunchy amp and these two adding their sprinkling of pixie dust
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    simonk said:
    I'd agree, I've only got a standard riot but it definitely sounded better into a clean amp.  A little edge is fine but once the amp is starting to get crunchy it gets a bit mushy imo.   It's great for giving modern mid/high gain into a clean amp but there are probably better choices for goosing up a crunchy amp tone.