help me spend my £95 on a pedal...

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
edited March 2015 in FX
so...i missed out on a pedal even though i paid for it...apparantly someone else bought it just before I did and the website had not updated in time. So they have my money, and my option is to buy something else...of get a refund.

So...in the intrest of GAS, i dont want a refund...looking at the pedals they have, the ones that have taken my fancy so far are:

EQD Arrows (actually anything under £135 - includes all their boost and some overdrives/fuzzes)
Catalinbread Sabra Cadabra (dont want to spend more than this either)
MXR Super Badass
MXR Fet Driver
EHX Soul Food and Glove (both pedals)
Fuchs Jersey Lightning
Fulltone Fatboost
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Fulldrive/GT500
Mesa Gridslammer
Moog Minifooger Boost
ZVEX Mastotron
ZVEX Distortron

or maybe you have something for sale that i an buy with my refund...?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22236
    Absolutely nothing on that list excites. Save the cash, buy something you really want. What was the pedal you missed out on? 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Buy my Source Audio Orbital Modulator. You've got enough distortion pedals!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew_fx said:
    Buy my Source Audio Orbital Modulator. You've got enough distortion pedals!
    its true...i have too many...with a few peices arriving today fuzz/dist count is at: 8.

i dont like the looki of the Source Audio stuff to be honest, im sure they sound good...but i have to like to look of them too.

you are right...maybe i should look at something thats not OD/Dist/fuzz for a change!

Absolutely nothing on that list excites. Save the cash, buy something you really want. What was the pedal you missed out on? 
    Wampler SLOstortion. I use to have it and sold it, and always think it would work better now with my current amps than it did before.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1528
    Boss DD20 £105   Delivered
    Boss RC 20 X/L £105 Delivered

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    Digitech Whammy. It's just a box of fun. Otherwise get something that really does something different to your current set up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6217
    tFB Trader
    i have this listed in the classifieds for £94.99 delivered;  

KLONE CENTAUR, ALL THROUGH HOLE COMPONENTS D9E Diodes SOUNDS Epic, £94.99 Each Shipped

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_fx said:
    You've got enough distortion pedals!

You sick, sick man, no one ever has enough distortion pedals.

Either of the MXR's or the Mesa would interest me. As is well known round here, I does like the MXR dirts......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11467
    From that list OCD if you don't have one.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Got a pigtonix distnortion for some 3 in 1 goodness if you fancy? £65
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    ok...thanks for all the comments so far...but i did some soul searching as to what i really need rather than want.

my main board is set, i dont need anything for it.

but i want to put together a second board, for which i have a board and nearly all the pedals i need...except a tuner and reverb. But the theme of this second board (yes, i am sad enough to set a theme for a board) is a Big Box board. All the pedals are oversized ones...so far on this board is:

Volume pedal, Big Box Rat, Big Muff, BAT Pharaoh, Microvibe and Multiplex Delay

so tuner will most likely be a boss...and was thinking the reverb at the end could either be a Cathedral or an RE-20 (gives me both normal delay and reverb)

so with that in mind...im gonna refund my money...and start looking for reverb.
    there is a mr black in the classifieds
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    yeah I know...if i didnt have the ghost echo, i would have bought that for my main board. But for the second board it wont work...its in a small box.

its sad/stupid/irrational/daft etc...but i'm sticking to the theme...
    GavHaus said:

^ - 20 Wisdoms

yep...i do deserve that!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    You should buy a sabbra cadabra, then send it to me for a couple of days to, errm, have a look at...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    juansolo said:
    You should buy a sabbra cadabra, then send it to me for a couple of days to, errm, have a look at...
    If only you could hear my laughter!!!

i can just see it now...then next big thing in the doom world...new pedal called cabbra sadabra...pure Laney Doom Tones!

we could make a killing!
    samzadgan said:
    yeah I know...if i didnt have the ghost echo, i would have bought that for my main board. But for the second board it wont work...its in a small box.

its sad/stupid/irrational/daft etc...but i'm sticking to the theme...
    Eventide Space then?
    i wish man...gotta be around £100.

@meltedbuzzbox, have you ever tried the cathedral?