So today I tried...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    This'll be me, soon.. Just want to scrape a few more quid together, then I'll be doing the rounds. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    edited March 2015
    Way out of budget but I tried a Guild F30 this morning. It was absolutely awesome, perfect in every way. I've seen a couple of the GAD versions second hand on eBay etc but haven't had chance to play one. Could be a contender. But I need to make a decision fast, got a gig in less than two weeks.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 566
    So ( yesterday really ) I tried a secondhand Seagull S6 with a Cedar Gloss Top & Quantum Electronics and was blown away . . . Just had to buy it ! !  . . . . Its a cracking guitar for really sensible money . . . It now joins my beautiful Taylor 414CE and will be my house go to everyday guitar . . . Im really chuffed with it :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

@maw4eu They are beautiful guitars, I can't remember which model it was I tried, but it had a cedar top and was 'folk' size, damn good for the money.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Congrats on the new guitar. It sounds great and you did its the correct way, waiting for one to jump out at you.

Seagull is one brand I keep looking at and have listened/watched on YouTube quite a lot. They seem very reasonably priced and I believe most have 45mm nuts.
    I finally made a purchase!

A Recording King RO 10. And guess what, I'm sending it back.

I should have stuck to my guns and only bought a guitar I had held in my hands and had seen with my very own eyes.

It's not a bad guitar by any means, I'm just not feeling it. I've since put a deposit on a Sigma 000m 15. This time I went in and played the actual one I'm buying, like I promised myself I would.

Should be picking it up tomorrow.