Right now I am.....

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2099
On the train to London for a meeting with Selfridges for new Brand signage Excitement.....t The guy next to me is typing up some personal performance analyst crap on a laptop. The lady opposite is asleep, everyone else seems to be scribbling notes on bits of paper. Will report back on the return journey...

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    Sitting in bed, catching up on the overnight news. I am so glad that I no longer get up at stupid-o'clock to catch trains and join conference calls. Good luck with Selfridges.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Getting prep'd for the school run, after a 20 odd mile drive this morning and finishing work at midnight last night.

First World I know, but fck me I'm weary.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    At my desk, in work, drinking coffee, eating Twiglets, going through some invoices we are going to reject and send back to suppliers. Chatting about all of my section going out for lunch this afternoon and having an early dart. Flexitime is a beautiful thing on a Friday. Been in since 0647 hrs. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Comparing the alleged benefits of two Home emergency insurance policies.  I discovered that I'm currently paying for both, but there seems to be quite a bit of overlap, so I think one will have to go.

I really don't know how I keep going, with all this excitement...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    Having a coffee in FatDonalds supposedly reading up for a meeting later ( anybody interested in domestic violence statistics for Wolverhampton?) and trying to decide if I risk the toilets here.
    This isn't a typical morning, next stop is the Headstock distribution centre to pick up my new amp! My coat might say Tu but my heart is rocknroll. \m/
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    Sitting eating porridge before I walk the dog. Then off to my mum's to repair her garden fence, then meeting my son for a pub lunch. Hard work this retirement business. :)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    At work, after waking late, getting up late and travelling late. Just had coffee, brief natter with boss, thinking about what to do today.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    About to go and collect the first batch of custom enclosures for ThorpyFX...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• ...next stop is the Headstock distribution centre to pick up my new amp!
    Excellent news!

Video* or it didn't happen

I am currently sat at my desk, mulling over a particularly tricky music brief for a very exclusive hotel, wondering whether to dive in and immerse myself into it or whether I am going to have to go to Bristol on a service call. Bristol basically getting me off the hook with this music for another day...

(*of the amp in use, not of you picking it up from the distribution centre!)

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sat at my desk, having just submitted my commentary for complaints, root cause analysis, quality control and compliance for our monthly group customer journey review.

Wish I was getting a new amp today...

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• jd0272 said:
    Getting prep'd for the school run, after a 20 odd mile drive this morning and finishing work at midnight last night.

@EricTheWeary, is this YOU?!  Mods, do we have a member running two account names here...?!

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    Just had a haircut, about to load up the backpack for a few days in Morocco.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Sat in the car park of an MAN truck centre after spending 5 hours on the hard shoulder of the M6 Toll road last night with a seized engine. Got recovered here and spent the night in the cab.
    Modern lorries don't have a dipstick you can access any more, it's hidden under the cab for only technicians to use when servicing.
    There is a menu level on the digital display on the dash whereby every morning you check your oil level.
    The dash is reading half full of oil but when the breakdown man came and rescued me we tilted the cab to find the dipstick bone dry.
    One seized engine. Probably will need a new one. Ahem £17k !!!
    That was one very expensive faulty sensor reading the oil level.
    So now I'm sat waiting for a hire car to arrive so I can get home from the Midlands. I also have no truck to drive for around 10 days while they inevitably fit a new engine. It's a 14 litre turbocharged, 460hp straight six and it's not a little job to change it.
    All because a dipstick, the way trucks have been since they were invented, was apparently too much hassle to use.
    God bless technology eh.

Oh and by the way, when the engine seized it stopped working completely which meant all the steering failed and locked. This happened around 3 seconds after I had got it onto the hard shoulder in a straight line. If that had happened while I was in the middle lane overtaking or worse still on a bend on the motorway, or a downhill stretch, the consequences could have been catastrophic.

I am sitting here feeling very lucky right now.
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    jd0272 said:

@EricTheWeary, is this YOU?!  Mods, do we have a member running two account names here...?!

oddly enough @jd0272 and I have not dissimilar jobs ( although I think I'd be his boss if we worked together, so none of your lip sonny...) so that may explain a similar disposition toward weariness.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Alnico said:
    Sat in the car park of an MAN truck centre after spending 5 hours on the hard shoulder of the M6 Toll road last night with a seized engine. Got recovered here and spent the night in the cab.
    Modern lorries don't have a dipstick you can access any more, it's hidden under the cab for only technicians to use when servicing.
    There is a menu level on the digital display on the dash whereby every morning you check your oil level.
    The dash is reading half full of oil but when the breakdown man came and rescued me we tilted the cab to find the dipstick bone dry.
    So now I'm sat waiting for a hire car to arrive so I can get home from the Midlands. I also have no truck to drive for around 10 days while they inevitably fit a new engine. It's a 14 litre turbocharged, 460hp straight six and it's not a little job to change it.
    All because a dipstick, the way trucks have been since they were invented, was apparently too much hassle to use.
    God bless technology eh.

Oh and by the way, when the engine seized it stopped working completely which meant all the steering failed and locked. This happened around 3 seconds after I had got it onto the hard shoulder in a straight line. If that had happened while I was in the middle lane overtaking or worse still on a bend on the motorway, or a downhill stretch, the consequences could have been catastrophic.

@Alnico Should have given me a shout mate, I'd have put you up for the night.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Shit @Alnico - sounds like you got lucky there mate :(

I'm now feeling guilty that I have an easy life and am waiting for a guitar to be delivered (@Lewligan's Samick LP Jr type-o-thing) whilst watching two coppers hold my next door neighbour on the pavement outside whilst (I'm presuming) they wait for reinforcements/a new car to replace the one he just smashed-up with his walking stick. 

What I'm meant to be doing is writing a quote to ghost an 'autobiography' of a third rate politician who I've never heard of, that I really want nothing to do with, but have to as it pays the bills, whilst getting distracted by stories of exploding butt plugs and clockwork cockroaches that are whirring around my head and I genuinely need to kill once and for all.

Tescos French coffee is nice too, think I may have overdone that.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico said:
    God bless technology eh.

Dude, if you can afford to take a truck on the M6 Toll, a new engine will be peanuts to you!

J/k aside, having once seized an engine on a motorway, in a similarly "Just got it onto the hard shoulder before the steering locked" brown-trousered moment, you have my sympathies. That was many moons ago, and also down to a dipstick. Alas, in my case the dipstick was ME.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I'm currently bored crapless, and trying not to order a pedal (or 2) from Coda.

In othre news, there "might" be some incoming noisy stuff (not from Coda).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    jd0272 said:

oddly enough @jd0272 and I have not dissimilar jobs ( although I think I'd be his boss if we worked together, so none of your lip sonny...) so that may explain a similar disposition toward weariness.
    Yes that'd likely be the case. Though my Boss doesn't mind me being on here/guitar stuff, as he's generally on golf sites tween emails. Keeps us all happy.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    I'm currently waiting for the office monthly pizza lunch to be delivered by the Dominoes driver. I justify the excessive eating by the fact that my trip to work involved cycling 3miles with both my kids (bike seat & trailer combo), another 5 miles with only one kid, and then another 5 miles by myself.
    While I'm waiting for the pizza I'm doing a small amount of work, in between the more important job of looking on here. Currently it's a lighting design for a railway walkway and junction - unfortunately it's going to cost the tax payer and rail traveler a fair amount of money but will probably only ever be used a handful of times. For some reason "value for money" isn't a very well used concept in the rail industry.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.