Unsung YouTube demoers

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3093
    samzadgan said:
    Did you see The Tone King meeting EVH at Namm? Ed says "nice playing" and Tone King nearly faints!
    Yes...that's whats so good about him though...my reaction would have been the same, with some added childish giggles...
    I was really pleased for him too. I'd have probably blubbed...  Ed saying it was one thing, but to be able to put it on YT is another!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    Can't watch those Gregg videos his fingernails freak me out
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    +1 for Gregor Hilden. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    yep, not old Gregor's greatest fan myself. Sends me to sleep. Nice gear though, always

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited October 2013
    The two that I think give you the best feel of what they're reviewing for me are Just Nick and Burgs. Always worth a go. As has been said, Andy at PGS makes everything awesome. I'd also add that GMD makes everything sound like GMD,which is cool, but not always helpful.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    daveyh said:
    Chuffola said:
    Didn't know any of them , other than PGS "I make everything sound awesome" Andy.

Good idea for a thread. Have a wisdom.
    There's a horrible quality to his sound that I can't stand.
    Really? I'm stunned at that. I genuinely think his sound is unfailingly great and he seems to pick the right tunes to demo whatever the gear is.

Different strokes, I guess...
  • Greg Koch from Wildwood guitars. Incredible player and entertaining demos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a little known guy called Choppers or something like that - Chippers? What an entertaining buffoon he is.  :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 500
    edited October 2013
    I really like this gent- GreenGtrs. In his newer vids he talks a fair bit about what he's selling, but this is an older one. I've posted this because I really like the sound, though the quality is a bit cak.  I like the fact that he shows the Rick isn't just for Beatles covers. The rather rambling nature of his playing appeals to me too.
    He has numerous demos of Mex Strats, which he loves & he somehow makes the standard pickups sound amazing, I think. Possibly because he has the amp really cranked- I still admire it. (I think Mex Strats are great too)

• JohnPerry said:
    Do we already have such a thread? Apologies if so. If not, I'll start.

We all know PGS Andy and Brett Kingman. Are there any unsung heroes on YouTube? For instance, I only discovered Sam Vilo the other day. Maybe I'm late to the party.

Absolute favourite player is Tom Bukovac, a man I also found on YouTube. Check out his Jeff Senn video and weep.

@JohnPerry

Really good shout for Sam Vilo, I did a lot of listening to him, he is a superb player.

In fact most of these mentioned on here have done me a good service with sounding out gear/tutorials and are just very enjoyable to listen to in general.

Another great gear demo-er? and all round great player is Josh Wibaut.

I will also have to give a heads up for a great man who has a most impressive catalogue of Play-along Rhythm Guitar Tutorials for Funk and Soul/R&B etc.

His name on Y.T is Morrisman Smith, it used to be Morrisman64. Just put Morrisman Smith in the YT search box as his current page doesn't seem to include a lot of his older uploads, but the search works fine for him.

No nonsense, just straight down chords and rhythm or Bass tuts as well, but he has literally 100's of songs done and I've got to admire his passion for music.

What a great guy.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/AcysLounge/videos

Never says a word, so that's good!  Only demos AGL stuff, but some great tones! :)

• oddballoddball Frets: 248

Tony Mckenzie is the unsung bellend of Youtube gear demos.

Always wondered why he has not shortage of top end gear but doesn't seem to own a tuner?

• prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    Indeed.  More Greg Koch.

beyond talented.   As a metal/rock guy I'm continuously blown away by this guys playing.  Seems like he is mostly improvising as I've not seen much, if any, repetition in his demos.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    There was a guy who iirc used to "test the crap" out of various guitars , what was his name again ?

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    My mate Paul Hindmarsh
    Its line 6 heavy (hes a line 6 demo guy you may have seen him with Chappers and the Captain... on the dream rig demos)
    But he is a hell of a player and a hell of a nice guy

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Mike Hermans gets my vote:

But Bret Kingman is great for a listen regardless of whether you're interested in the gear or not... (the Antipodean Simon Bradley!)

and then is My Twangy Guitar for licks and just great tone...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Tonefiend by Joe Gore

Bit out of the ordinary, put's his own guitars together and does electrics mods and effects.

Worth a look if you want something a bit different

https://youtu.be/WFBL0VKorWk 

• Gregor Hilden is the only man on the planet that can make an Encore starter pack sound like a 59' Les Paul.

He has some great licks and a nice touch but I do think every demo he does sounds the same.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 412
    Really like Greg Koch and Pete Thorne.  Lance Keltner is pretty good, a lot of his earlier demo's are with a band as well to show a bit of context.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Thanks for all the stuff to check out in this thread!

I'm a new player and have been loving watching guitar videos on YT and just seeing what is all out there - there's WAY more than I could ever have imagined so it's great to have a list of channels to check out.

Cheers!

Andy