Soooo...who's bought a 2015 Les Paul then?

What's Hot
gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 898
How's it going? How are you coping with the endless waves of negativity about your new pride and joy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I've not yet, I'm hoping all the negativity surrounding them means I can pick up a '15 junior for silly money later in the year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    underdog said:
    I've not yet, I'm hoping all the negativity surrounding them means I can pick up a '15 junior for silly money later in the year.

Hey that's my cunning plan!!

Actually played one at Guitar Guitar in Epsom last week and really liked the wider neck which was one of the two things that bothered me about the2015 models.....the other thing is the self tuning system and my 25 minutes playing did nothing to improve my opinion of that! I'll need the discount to get some new tuners ;)

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    underdog said:

Thommans already have the LP Junior and LP Special (Cherry and TV yellow) down to £628 and £642 respectively. However, I'm very confident that come late 2015, these will be on blow-out within most UK shops.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_special_double_cut_hc_2015.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_special_double_cut_tyt_2015.htm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bogwhoppit;548586" said:
    underdog said:

Thommans already have the LP Junior and LP Special (Cherry and TV yellow) down to £628 and £642 respectively. However, I'm very confident that come late 2015, these will be on blow-out within most UK shops.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_special_double_cut_hc_2015.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_special_double_cut_tyt_2015.htm

Oh that a good price, and today is my birthday :D
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    I was half tempted but then I remembered they actually got it right in the 56-60 era...
    Forge;548632" said:
    I was half tempted but then I remembered they actually got it right in the 56-60 era...
    Trouble is a 50s or 60s one is going to cost considerably more :D

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 898
    Nobody then? Wow...would be really interesting to see some sales figures...
  • gearaddict;548717" said:
    Nobody then? Wow...would be really interesting to see some sales figures...
    They're probably too ashamed to make themselves known.

Won't see many buying 2015 models just yet, most shops have stock of 2014 on sale.
    underdog said:
    Won't see many buying 2015 models just yet, most shops have stock of 2014 on sale.
    I notice the prices seem to be similar on some models...Traditional in Honeyburst for example - £1443.79 for the 2015 in Thomann and £1475 for the 2014 from Coda:

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 852

I simply can't deal with the decal on the headstock, if I owned one I'd have to take it off and replace it with a traditional one. Fucking Repulsive.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Gibson say that is his real signature on the headstock, fair enough but who wrote the "100" then? So clearly that's added on by someone else.
    edited March 2015
    I think it's the thickness of the Sig that bothers me more than the lack of legibility
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    underdog said:
    I think it's the thickness of the Sig that bothers me more than the lack of legibility

A big magic marker must have been the only thing in the office that day. I can't believe they have not a single signature or autograph by him done with a regular pen.
    I think someone commented that it's fairly easy to remove those decals and replace with a normal Les Paul sig. Are they just applied on top of the finish?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Tried a couple on Friday, wasn't blown away. That headstock logo is even worse in the flesh.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I tried a Classic the other week and really liked it. There were none of the little QC problems I've always used as a defence mechanism against buying one. If the salesman had been any good I could have walked out with it, but he wasn't, so I escaped.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ennspek said:
    I tried a Classic the other week and really liked it. There were none of the little QC problems I've always used as a defence mechanism against buying one. If the salesman had been any good I could have walked out with it, but he wasn't, so I escaped.
    Yeah, I liked the Classic too...mainly due to the tone which was punchier than others I tried in the range...the boost worked well. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    Is the sig really THAT big of a deal? What if it plays great?
    Do they all have these auto-tuners on them? THAT would annoy me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The sig looks like something my toddler could have devised.

I know it should be more about how it plays and sounds but the extortionate prices Gibson are now charging it shouldn't look that shit.