recomendations for dual overdrive pedal

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 616
Im thinking of getting a dual pedal to put in front of a clean amp that will give 2 good drives and a volume boost on one of them...anybody have experience with any good ones..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 364
    The Wampler Tom Quayle one? Dual Fusion I think it's called.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    edited March 2015
    I've just got a wampler slo - distortion and boost.  It sounds awesome, very meaty and the boost is independent so that might be handy.

I like the sounds of of the bogner red and blue and would like one.

The kingsely pedals sound great and I'd like to try those as well.

A bit cheaper and also tempting - thomann have a couple of pedals from T rex,  dual drive £61 for two drives in one, and the ego drive £55 for a drive and boost.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    ZVex Box of Rock?
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    If it's two od pedals in one box you're looking for, I'd go for a wampler hot wired or an xotic bb plus. The latter lets you decide the order in which they can stack but I found it difficult to dial. The wampler was fantastic but I was never in the need of the distortion side.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    John_P;548681" said:
    I've just got a wampler slo - distortion and boost.  It sounds awesome, very meaty and the boost is independent so that might be handy.

A bit cheaper and also tempting - thomann have a couple of pedals from T rex,  dual drive £61 for two drives in one, and the ego drive £55 for a drive and boost.
    @john_p did you get that SLO from GuitarGuitar? I just missed out on that pedal...glad you like it...i had it before and it was awesome with my friends amp but didnt sound great with my amp at the time...but always wanted to get it...especially as i have much better amps now.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    samzadgan said:
    John_P;548681" said:

@john_p did you get that SLO from GuitarGuitar? I just missed out on that pedal...glad you like it...i had it before and it was awesome with my friends amp but didnt sound great with my amp at the time...but always wanted to get it...especially as i have much better amps now.
    I did -  I saw your thread about a pedal you missed and thought it was a coincidence it was the same price.    I haven't tried it through the twin yet but it sounds might fine through the little bogner.   I was looking for a bognor red so it might get replaced and I'll give you a shout.  So far though it's a great distortion and the boost is a handy bonus.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    Double barrel. Essentially a Blues breaker and a Tube screamer, you can select which one gets pushed into the other too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    I've owned the Xotic BB+ and Barber Electronics Burn Unit, both very nice pedals. A friend of mine had the JHS Sweet Tea which I was very envious of for a while...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Fulltone Fulldrive and Bogner Blue/Red fit the bill. Also the Barber custom stuff is 2 pedals in one (albeit large) enclosure. I have one with a Ltd and a Direct Drive in and it's great.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Blackstar HT-Dual is pretty good IMO, if you ignore all the arguments about whether it's "really all valve" and just listen to it.

Expensive though, and you could get something "boutique" and hand wired for the same price…

It's also pretty large and needs a 22v power supply, so you can't run it off whatever is powering the rest of your board if you have one.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Got a Jetter Red2 on here recently & it's a great pedal - it's Jetter's Gain Stage Red & Helium pedals in one box - great range of tones in it & the stacking order can be swapped which is nice too. 

Another thing I'm thinking of is getting my klone modded so it has 2 volume controls - could be handy i reckon
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• pmgpmg Frets: 299
    Barney said:
    Im thinking of getting a dual pedal to put in front of a clean amp that will give 2 good drives and a volume boost on one of them...anybody have experience with any good ones..

What's the amp?
  • mesatelemesatele Frets: 27

I've got a Blackstar Dual. What I like about it is that when you switch one channel on it switches the other off, so a good 3 channel option when used with the amps clean channel. But it is a big lump of kit and needs a different power supply.

Anybody know ? is there any other pedal with the same switching options but a 9v supply and not so big ??

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    The Bogners are great. The one I always recommend is the Radial Trimode or the Plexitone depending on whether you want American or British flavours. Independent drive and volumes with various eq options.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9832
    mesatele said:

Anybody know ? is there any other pedal with the same switching options but a 9v supply and not so big ??

Presumably this? http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/lt-dual/
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    Foxrox ZIM is worth a look. The ZIMcard concept means it might outlive a few board re-jigs, since you can put a variety of ODs, distortions and fuzzes in each channel, plus each channel has its own input and output which opens up all kinds of fun routing possibilities.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    On the other hand, isn't it about time someone said "don't buy a dual OD, just buy two single ODs"? It's a valid point...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    edited March 2015
    On the other hand, isn't it about time someone said "don't buy a dual OD, just buy two single ODs"? It's a valid point...
    True dat, but you save on one 9v output of yer PSU.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...EHX G4 Muff.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Thanks for all the replies ....loafs of great info here..:)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    pmg;549106" said:
    Barney said:

What's the amp?
    Well ...theres a few i could try it with ...either a Mk4 boogie....Redplate CDS2 ....a 100 WATT RDA dumble clone or a Hotrod deluxe.....iv always used amp drive so feeling really curious if im missing anything....i would like the different sounds for chords and lead with a volume split