recomendations for dual overdrive pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    english_bob;549274" said:
    On the other hand, isn't it about time someone said "don't buy a dual OD, just buy two single ODs"? It's a valid point...
    Good point and iv been talking to a friend about it a bit earlier. ...i have a ibanez supertube and Dumkudo...so going to try them 2 tomorrow....i never thought of using 2 together....just shows how far behind i am ..lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    OKKO Diablo plus.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Barney you've already had my suggestion mentioned with the wampler hotwired. If you want a pedal with 2 different types of gain then for me it's the best on the market. If you want a great drive with a boost then the Kingsley jester tops the tree. Having played your redplate you won't go wrong with any overdrive pedal because the base tone is so good. Also if you use a klon style pedal on the drive channel or tweed it'll sound great
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    I liked the Analogman KOT, and the very very good Okko Diablo Plus...

But I echo the above comments - the Kingsley Jester is superioir to all imho.

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    preston61;549331" said:
    Barney you've already had my suggestion mentioned with the wampler hotwired. If you want a pedal with 2 different types of gain then for me it's the best on the market. If you want a great drive with a boost then the Kingsley jester tops the tree. Having played your redplate you won't go wrong with any overdrive pedal because the base tone is so good. Also if you use a klon style pedal on the drive channel or tweed it'll sound great
    Actually the redplate sounds great ...i just feel as though i might be missing something not using pedals cos most people seem to use them ...it would be good to have different gain types for crunch chords and lead with different volumes...i should maybe just use my guitar volume..lol
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    Yep, a good Redplate Barney removes the need for so many pedals...

I miss mine and I've had the itch again lately...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Twinstomp S21. Never tried one but they've got good reviews.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2329
    edited March 2015
    Trex gristle king or moller are very good pedals. Really wasn't that impressed with the fulltone and blackstar is too big and a bit meh sounding.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I like a cleanish push to the front end for my Redplate. That works on both the clean and the drive channels, whereas a full on distortion into the OD channel can be a bit mushy. I used a Riot into the clean with the bass dialled up (On my EZG it sounds fabulous) a bit for a really nice distortion sound. I've used lots of other Menatone pedals into the clean and they all have great character and transparency. I especially like the Top Boost In a Can (VoxAc30 style) and WorkingMans Blues(JTM45 style). They all seem to work well into any clean Fender style amp, my EZG especially, but also the Ceriatone OTS that I have at our rehearsal studio.

On my Blackverb I usually have the OD set to a pushed clean sound but if I was gigging with it I'd have the OD as a lead sound, much more gain and a volume boost, then have all the rhythm flavours on the clean channel.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I miss mine and I've had the itch again lately...
    PM me before scratching it. ;)

Might have to let mine go, though it saddens me to think like that......
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I had the Blackstar, but mine had switches that broke. I use a Goosoniqueworx 7thvn now, which I think is better all round. Bit obscure and is best run at 12 v DC.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    The Amptweaker Tightdrive Pro is the one I've got my eyes at the mo.
    This is one hell of a pedal... built like a tank and good value too.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"