Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

man, sellin' gear is TOUGH these days.........

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
OK if you're buyin' and hagglin' 'n shit,but if you're sellin'.......jeez,it's a bummer
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071

^ what he says

tae be or not tae be
    didn't yeah know  it's a buyers market and there's a fookin' recession on?,moron
    tae be or not tae be
    end of conversation with meself
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Stop it, you're making me laugh.

It is, tough as owt, but that's to be expected in the recession. I've just flogged one on Evilbay at a song, but, it was near enough for me, I'm not cash desperate, and the Mrs wanted it oot the hoose.

Got 2 more on the go, simply for space reasons and I'm not using them enough to justify keeping them. Offered less than half what I've got one up for by a low baller, but people are 'chancing'. Fair enough ain't it? 

Remember, muso's are tight arses to start with without the economy kicking in.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I sold a tube screamer a few weeks ago and had to throw @Drew_fx into the bargain.

Drew, please go to 2 Enmore Road, W4 9PE as soon as possible.
    You'll need to take whipped cream, 14 domesticated gerbils & some hosepipe with you.

Make sure they are DOMESTICATED gerbils- I don't want a repeat of the last time thanks.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're buying, it's bargain time....(every cloud and all that)
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    Hmm. Tubescreamers, tube screamers and tubes creamers then.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    @ hootsmon. I hate to break it to you fella, but if this is about that US Tele that you were trying to sell for £900, well it's going to be tough for a long long while, as that is one of the most overpriced guitar I have ever seen in my life. It's completely bonkers mate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I'll give you £9.00 for the US tele!
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Simple, stockpile cheap stuff now, and let your kids sort it out when your dead.

And as for lack of space, just buy a bigger house.
    There problem solved! :-?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    edited October 2013
    I do think that people on here only really looking for a bargain, rather than seeking, and paying market rate, for something specific. 

I've mostly been selling pedals lately and I always price realistically and have still had to resort to eBay a few times. What's surprised me is when I have gone to eBay I have most often got more than the original price I listed on here, even after taking off eBay and paypal fees.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    People on here are ultra savvy about the minimum and maximum values of a thing - when they sell they want to get every last penny, when they buy they want to pay what they saw someone else pay which was really low.

Trouble is that both seller and buy can't be satisfied so you'd think that it would result in a 50/50 compromise ... but if both are stubborn then it results in lots of unsold gear. 

I have noticed that some of us on this forum are stubborn... so we may all be doomed ;) 
  • dindude said:
    I do think that people on here only really looking for a bargain, rather than seeking, and paying market rate, for something specific. 

I've mostly been selling pedals lately and I always price realistically and have still had to resort to eBay a few times. What's surprised me is when I have gone to eBay I have most often got more than the original price I listed on here, even after taking off eBay and paypal fees.
    Wise and true words indeed....have a wisdom.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    If you stick it on here for a couple of weeks and nothing happens , and then stick it on eBay and still nothing happens, then there's a good chance that it's over priced for current market conditions.

Of course you can still get lucky but not repeatedly .

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I am not chattel.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Drew_fx said:
    I am not chattel.
    It rubs the lotion onto its skin.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    octatonic said:
    Drew_fx said:
    I am not chattel.
    It rubs the lotion onto its skin.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • People only spend money for two reasons:

1 They have to ie rent rates leccie so you can charge what you like

2, They want to in which case the less they pay out the more they have for reason 1
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited October 2013
    I think some sellers don't do themselves any favours. 

I have recently sold my motor bike and have a substantial wedge of cash burning a hole in my pocket which I intend to splurge on various bits of gear.  Consequently I keep my eyes peeled in the classifieds section here and have recently showed some interest in 3 quite expensive guitars.

In 2 of the 3 cases the sellers haven't exactly fallen over themselves to answer my questions and as far as I know both items remain unsold.  If someone can't make the effort to answer what I consider are legitimate questions then I'm unlikely to want to deal with them. 
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    People only spend money for two reasons:

1 They have to ie rent rates leccie so you can charge what you like

2, They want to in which case the less they pay out the more they have for reason 1

Sense back where with to me sometimes?