SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Big Clear Out

What's Hot

Comments

• harpoharpo Frets: 177
    Some poor feker bought the cry baby though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    What not again!

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    How has he not been prosecuted yet? 
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    It's electronic mugging. The annoying thing is that it's actually easy to trace this guy and we can't get him bloody arrested let along banged up. How fucked up is our legal system when you can just get away with blatant theft over and over again with no repercussions? The police need to get with the times. The sheer amount of theft that happens electronically now is huge. It's about time they started doing something about it.

It makes me sad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    frank1985 said:
    How has he not been prosecuted yet? 
    Hopefully the guilt will get him one day

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27965
    harpo said:
    Some poor feker bought the cry baby though!

I'm not sure that they did. 

I think it's more a sales tactic - list a load of things, mark one as "sold" more or less straightaway and it adds "legitimacy" to the ad/seller and makes others think "I'd better buy that XYZ before someone else does".

Obviously, it's a bit of an underhand sort of tactic, but then look who's doing it ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe he just needs a bit of love and kindness his way -

http://www.sendshit.co.uk/

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Maybe he just needs a bit of love and kindness his way -

http://www.sendshit.co.uk/

No need for that.

I have a metalzone in the cupboard!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    juansolo said:
    It's electronic mugging. The annoying thing is that it's actually easy to trace this guy and we can't get him bloody arrested let along banged up. How fucked up is our legal system when you can just get away with blatant theft over and over again with no repercussions? The police need to get with the times. The sheer amount of theft that happens electronically now is huge. It's about time they started doing something about it.

It makes me sad.
    We even have the guys address - we'd be handing him to the police on a silver platter - What the fuck is going on?

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    He who has been stung should hit the nest with a hammer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    ellangus said:
    juansolo said:

It makes me sad.
    We even have the guys address - we'd be handing him to the police on a silver platter - What the fuck is going on?

How did it go with the police when you reported him?      
    Really hope you get some closure on this - disgusting thing to happen in a place that should be safe to buy sell and trade.   
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    Man... this is just unbelievable. Is there a policeman in our midst who'd like to open a case on the piece of shit?!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I remember reading this thread a few days ago thinking what nice looking cheap pedals ! Has this guy been reported to the proper channels? If not he will continue his fraudulent ways.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27965
    He's tried to register 2 new IDs so far this morning.  Both have been blocked.

It's very curious behaviour.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12722
    You'd think he'd notice that we've spotted his crooked behaviour by now and then find somewhere else to ply his 'trade'.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    Ironic that someone busted for not sending out stuff he's sold would then try and sell a delay.... but anyway....

PM'd re. the Delay. I'll take it. Next day delivery, yeah?
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Because he's a morally vacant piece of shit.

Gotta wonder. Do we have his PayPal/Gmail/Hotmail details? I assume we can get in touch with these organisations and at least inform them that he's using them to commit crime? A minor inconvenience for him I suppose. But certainly without PayPal, it'd make his life more difficult.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    TTony;552311" said:

He might be pissed that he's been found and attention he's received thanks to the detective work on here. It could be a revenge/get even thing.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited March 2015
    Can this be moved to off-topic now? He's not selling stuff, no-one posting on the thread is buying stuff.

If they were buying stuff they'd be in this thread:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/34661/fs-malekko-mooer-piggyfx-new-juan-solo-pt2-rowin-price-drops

there are some jaw-dropping bargains to be had in that thread!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Adam_MD said:
    TTony;552311" said:

He might be pissed that he's been found and attention he's received thanks to the detective work on here. It could be a revenge/get even thing.
    The deeper he digs, the bigger the inevitable fall, to the bottom of his deceptive empire.  He will bury himself with enough effort.

I genuinely think he is in need of professional psychiatric help, this is so far from normal, even for someone with such a disturbed character.