SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Big Clear Out

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Continuing to try and register suggests some weird pathological behavior.  Are we sure it isn't an odd revenge thing from a former member just to see how pissed off we can get?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12722
    edited March 2015
    Well that was odd... double post... not sure how that happened. Sorry peeps... as you were.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7833
    TTony said:
    He's tried to register 2 new IDs so far this morning.  Both have been blocked.

It's very curious behaviour.
    Not really, he is just trying to annoy you, as well as get through and rip some more people off.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited March 2015
    Or a misunderstanding? Behaviour-wise there are two reasons why there'd be a concerted effort:

He's a nut-nut OR He wants to communicate, perhaps to protest.

I don't know the ins and outs of the forum logging code but given that it's going to be as granular as an IP address ... and IP addresses get reused and have a finite lease per router, there's going to someday be an occassion where you get the kind of mix up that happened when my phone got stolen.

One of my friends got through on my number and gave verbal to the "theif"... who was a 13 year-old girl. I phoned up expecting it to be a misunderstanding and had to quietly wait through ten minutes of her angry mum's (perfectly valid) tirade before I could apologise. Those poor people and that was a mistake made by a mobile phone company - so nobodies perfect.

I'm not saying that's happened, I'm just wondering if that could happen.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    edited March 2015
    Well yes, isn't having a jolly good laugh at all the people he's ripped off and he's looking to rip off some more.

I wonder what would happen to him if he was caught stealing from people in Saudi Arabia .. hudud that's what 

"most jurists believe that "petty thefts are exempt from this punishment" and that "only one hand should be cut off for the first theft."
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    In any case, I have to register my praise to the mods on this forum. I can imagine how time consuming must be to keep an eye on the forum itself, left alone things like this scammer.

I think a lot of people would be ripped off by now if wasn't for the quick flag and I really appreciate the effort to making this place safer and reliable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Yep, I didn't mean by that comment that I thought the mods weren't doing a top job, having modded a somewhat quieter forum myself, when stuff goes south, it can take a lot of time to set it right.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133

cbellanga said:
    In any case, I have to register my praise to the mods on this forum. I can imagine how time consuming must be to keep an eye on the forum itself, left alone things like this scammer.

I think a lot of people would be ripped off by now if wasn't for the quick flag and I really appreciate the effort to making this place safer and reliable.
    ^^^ huge +1 to that, there is an incredible amount of hard work that goes on behind the scenes to keep this place functioning so flawlessly, which we never see, and barely even know happens.

Just so we can keep on gassing, and "GAS"sing.

Big, big thanks and kudos to the whole team for making this place happen.  :)

Thanks for reminding us all @cbellanga