Birthday Present

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    holnrew;553552" said:
    Watch, cufflinks, tie, fleshlight, houseplant, kindle, tablet, games console/games, tenga flip-hole, car stereo, posh DE razor and brush, remote control helicopter, lego...
    Does your mum buy you sextoys for your birthday Holn?
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • my BDay on friday, I have asked for 

PS Vita Slim
    'The Mountain' t shirt, one of the big dogs head ones
    Fromia Milleporella, although I know they take a couple of weeks to get to the shop and then a week in quarantine so will be waiting forthat one.
    Caulastrea Furcata
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    music: LPs CDs etc
    books: about music, composers, bands, artists, gear ... sheet music
    hi fi components, re-tip your stylus, valves for your expensive monoblocs ...

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Some Class A's.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    If you don't need items, then how about an experience? Ticket to a gig, trip to an attraction etc

My Birthday/Xmas wants are always:
    Guitar Parts .- strings, music etc
    MTB parts - Brake pads mainly.

I quite like getting functional stuffI need and buying the fun stuff I want when I have the money :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    speshul91;553541" said:
    guitar kits are plenty of fun, if i can do one anybody can haha
    I might broach the subject, trouble is I'm not sure if I'll be able to justify the need for another guitar, and for it to replace my current one it would have to be another Tele so I could reuse the posh pickups I bought for it, whereas I'd prefer ideally to make an LP or Jazzmaster type (which would also have more scope for an arty finish).

Can't help feeling that increasing the guitar collection by one when moving in with my lady is perhaps not starting off on the best foot ha ha
    No, but it helps lay the ground rules...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

As it's my best mates 40th birthday, he's getting

1x inflatable zimmer frame

1x emergency plastic pants

1x folding ear trumpet.

Mwahahaha.

(It's ok I know he'll piss himself laughing)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9779
    If you don't need items, then how about an experience? Ticket to a gig, trip to an attraction etc

Gigs are usually a good source I have to say, I got all excited when I saw the Strokes are playing a massive gig in London this summer which would have been all birthdays and christmases all at once, but sadly it is when we are on holiday haha
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Serious answer

A guitar lesson with one of your favourite players. Loads of artists do the skype thing, or if you set your sights a little lower (or UK based) a face to face lesson with someone like Aynsley Lister.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9779

I would love a guitar lesson (or two or three) with somebody who isn't shit, every one I've ever had has been useless and I do feel I've missed out and may benefit from it, IF they can cover the style I want to play in. The ast one I tried, the lesson started like this:

Teacher: So what music do you play normally?
    Me: I like indie and garage rock, as in White Stripes, Strokes, etc
    Teacher: OK great...erm...right we'll learn this one, do you know it?
    (Teacher hands me tab for Stairway to Heaven)

I will look into that though, I don't know of any small scale guitarists I like (doubt Jack White's free on Skype any time soon?) but finding a decent teacher who will accept me for only a couple of lessons may help

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    my BDay on friday, I have asked for 

PS Vita Slim
    'The Mountain' t shirt, one of the big dogs head ones
    Fromia Milleporella, although I know they take a couple of weeks to get to the shop and then a week in quarantine so will be waiting forthat one.
    Caulastrea Furcata
    That makes you my birthday doppelganger - or maybe even twin  :-O

My sister is getting me a nice new kitchen knife cos I like stuff like that! I'm also getting a new guitar (which I've had for 6weeks) and a watch. But then it is my 30th, so those presents are more impressive than normal.

Getting the new guitar/kit before you move in together (and start sharing money/bills) is probably the right way to do it!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.