What's with all the uber-lefty knobbery at the moment?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited March 2015

Fretwired said:
    Labour fixed the GP problem which is why you can't see a GP. Nice one ..

We were told at the time that the New Labour pay rise for GPs was too generous!
    I don't know anybody who is saying that today.

I do know a few really stupid people who want their wife to go to their GP with something very worrying and be seen by a barely awake GP who has been up all night attending call outs. (Guess who stopped that)

You cannot trust the Tories on the NHS. (FACT).
    :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Drew_fx said:
    If people voted for changed, they'd have voted BNP into power. People don't want change. They want business as usual.
    Not sure .. the BNP were a one issue party. I think there's an opportunity for a new left of centre party modelled on the SNP. If I were Miliband then I'd be wondering why the Scots have deserted Labour and are voting SNP. What could I learn?

Labour brought in tuition fees - they could scrap them and replace them with a graduate tax and offer to build millions of low cost starter homes for young people. It would be a vote winner - the young are being screwed by the older generation. The Tories are trapped with the older vote .. young people won't vote for them. Ukip attract older voters - there's an opportunity for someone.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Drew_fx said:
    If people voted for changed, they'd have voted BNP into power. People don't want change. They want business as usual.
    What they want is business.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Drew_fx said:
    That's a weird thing to say. Not even you can mean it literally, but if there's a point in it I can't see what it is. BNP were an extreme party representing one small set of views, if that's all change can be it would be why change doesn't get voted for as everyone would vote completely differently. Not what happens in the UK.
    I think most people also realised the BNP wouldn't have had a clue how to actually run the country. Not just in the "Tories/Labour/Lib Dems are ruining the economy" way people complain about, but in a "what does this button do?" and "I didn't realise she was the chancellor of Germany" way, in addition to their whole extradition thing likely sinking the economy. Not wanting change and not wanting the building you're in to be on fire are not the same thing.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited March 2015
    Skipped said:
    I accept that for many....they perceive the 2 main parties as too close in policy. ( But not me).

If Labour are pink tories then they are pink tories who will not be giving Wayne Rooney a tax cut of £12,000 a week. If they are pink Tories then they are pink tories who will not be fining disabled people for the tiny box room that is used to store their wheelchair.
    I will be voting for the pink tories.

How many public sector employees has Wayne Rooney funded on his own during his career? This country is paid for by Wayne Rooney and somehow the act of throwing the guy a bone is wrong?

I don't know what the wheelchair storage fine is so can't comment on that. It does seem a bit mean to fine someone for having a room. Would I get fined if I stored a wheelchair in my box room?

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Question Time BBC toff hour.  NO UKIP candidates allowed.  Green Party OK though.  I hate the BBC.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock

Drop the 'Fifth Column' Farage comment in there too to Rosy up with the Tories, out of context too with no UKIP candidate to defend it.

My God.  Now they have a terrorist in the audience in a jumpsuit with a beard.  Like the shut it Tory Lady comment though.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Skipped said:

Fretwired said:
    Labour fixed the GP problem which is why you can't see a GP. Nice one ..

You cannot trust the Tories on the NHS. (FACT).
    :D
    NHS spending ring fenced and increased under the coalition. Labour cut GP hours which means local A&Es are packed - Labour buggered up the NHS. The truth is the NHS is under pressure an no party as the first idea how to fix the problem. The Tory reforms were a bad idea but Labour's plans aren't much better.

You need to get off your soap box and look at Labour - they are a bankrupt party. We haven't had a Tory government since the 1990s [the current one is a coalition] and they have just plodded along. The best that can be said is they haven't screwed things up as they haven't done much.

Neither major party is worth voting for in my opinion.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Fretwired said:
    We haven't had a Tory government since the 1990s [the current one is a coalition] and they have just plodded along. The best that can be said is they haven't screwed things up as they haven't done much.

Neither major party is worth voting for in my opinion.
    This.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited March 2015

I was talking about native WAS Brits BTW, not being a racist. Maybe the contrast on my TV needs adjusting.  Whiter than white, but eyes as black as pondwater.  No gingers to be seen. They are most probably all on drugs and Dimbleby is probably a mechanoid. Maybe I didn't say that then and only thought about saying it.   But just in case the thought police are around, I just wanted to make that clear.

Nurse......'Pills'

The Lidl fishfingers are giving me bad dreams.