1x12 valve combo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I had a phone discussion with Mr BassPlayer last night. We agreed that if Mr Bandleader is insistent that I get a small footprint 1x12 combo, then he'll have to get gigs that are lucrative enough to pay for it. And by that time, if the gigs are bigger, then maybe the 2x12 combo won't be too big for the floor space anyway :)

tbh I never really liked the sound of fender amps, except for neeeeding a Blackface twin for my Rhodes stage piano 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I second the cub 12r, had mine  for a couple of years, foolishly got rid of it and 2 months latre replaced it with another.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    The sub zero Tube 20R is a blues junior copy.  Used to be called Belcat and it's very cheap and sounds better than the blues junior IMHO.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I had the opportunity to try one of these recently, and as a confirmed valve snob I was pretty impressed, an inexpensive and realistic alternative to a Blues Junior:

• NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Have a look at the VoxAC4C1-12 check out some of the tones from it,wow real nice........
  • StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    Laney VC30 112, they can be picked up for much cheapness second hand. Great sounding and powerful amp too. Only downside is it's fairly large for a 1x12 combo.
  • I think I would be telling Mr Bandleader to piss off to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I think I would be telling Mr Bandleader to piss off to be honest.
    politely - but I agree.    So long as you can fit your amp in to the venue then it's up to you what you use.   Unless it's his way of commenting on your sound but that's another discussion.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Strange that Mr Bandleader seems to only want to play in the urinals.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72751
    If Mr Bandleader has both a 20W and a 30W Peavey and it matters that much to him, he can just lend you one.

If you're the lead guitarist, insist on it being the 30W one - unless you prefer the sound of the 20W because you can crank it further.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    He could but I haven't gone for it yet. This afternoon he used his 30W and I used my AC30CC2X - for the first time with this band. I found myself progressively turning down the input gain, and turning up the master volume. I'd say it took me half the first set to get the controls right.

The AC30 wasn't too big (physically) for that venue. Volume-wise it could have pinned the punters against the far wall and maybe driven them through it if I'd cranked it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Maybe he's jealous you've got a nicer amp than his.