EVH 5150III S

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I posted a question months ago asking if any one had done the channel mod that brings the volume for green and blue into alignment but nobody answered! I know it can be done but I also just use a few tricks to balance it. One is to use a transparent clean boost, use a compressor or a good old graphic EQ to control it.

The other option I had was to use the cleans on my POD HD500X (before I sold it)  when in 4 cable method setup and that way I could have clean amp emulation but use the blue and red channels of the actual 5150. Best of Both Worlds...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    As mentioned above it can depend a lot on what the rest of your rig is and how you set the first channel. 

I did find a mod for mine to drop the gain in channel 2.  There's a space for a resistor so I wired a pot in and turned it until I got a balance for the 2 channels. I then measured the resistance at that position in the pot and put a resistor in place at that value. 

It did make a difference to the volume (because there was so much less gain) but I never really used it as I only needed 2 channels so I put it back to stock. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom