Went to Legoland Windsor yesterday

What's Hot

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Snap said:
     I notice when out in the vening with my good lady wife
    that's proper old school - most people these days got out for an eVening... it's good to see someone keeping it real and representing. ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    We've just booked our first trip for May with our two kids aged 8 & 5 so it should be grand. I think its gonna cost in region of £6000

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27221
    Col_Decker;569048" said:
    We've just booked our first trip for May with our two kids aged 8 & 5 so it should be grand. I think its gonna cost in region of £6000
    In VW repairs, presumably? :p
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    edited March 2015
    I took my kids in very late October or early November (can't remember which) a couple of years back - it was cold, slightly damp but still brilliant and worth it for the diminished queues. The Star Wars exhibition is good indoors if it's raining too much to stay outside all the time.

(Edit for misunderstanding! :) )

Two cautions:

Even though we were waiting outside the gate before it opened and were there til we were kicked out at closing time, you can't really do the whole thing in one day, you'll probably need two.

If you want to go on the theme rides, it's worth paying for the "queue jumping" ticket or whatever they're called - we didn't, and even at that time of year, we still wasted probably at least two hours in total in queues. Next time, we will pay the extra. (This may have some bearing on the first point too.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I presumed @JohnPerry meant the Harry Potter tour at Warner Brothers studio in sunny Watford.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    yep, sorry. A clumsy segue there

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24429
    LEGO was way better when it didn't have all the shaped stuff, and we had to use our imagination. These days, it's just like putting an Airfix kit together, but looking more shit when it's finished, with all those pimples. They've sold out, I tell you.
    Wiz for you for that.

The most advanced lego there should ever be are the little illuminated clear bricks.  Everything should be rectangular or square too.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Col_Decker;569048" said:
    In VW repairs, presumably? :p
    Recovery/breakdown fees and hotel bills for the entire family whilst waiting for it to be fixed.

• A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    Emp_Fab said:
    LEGO was way better when it didn't have all the shaped stuff, and we had to use our imagination. These days, it's just like putting an Airfix kit together, but looking more shit when it's finished, with all those pimples. They've sold out, I tell you.
    Wiz for you for that.

The most advanced lego there should ever be are the little illuminated clear bricks.  Everything should be rectangular or square too.
    As the dad of a lego obsessed child (and one who is not too adversed to playing with lego either), I am pretty confident in saying that this is just about as wrong as it is possible to be.  

It may have been true 10 years or so ago when Lego almost went bust, but with the exception of sets designed for really young kids which do have some large parts to keep it simple, lego sets today are just as good as your rose tinted memory and probably better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12423
    Agreed, modern LEGO is ace and really good for kids, my kids can spend a good hour at a time building from instructions with minimal input from myself, no matter how hard I try to take over >:D<
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    It's seems like it's worth having kids just so I can buy lego again.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Dalefty said:

DaLefty
    Kids are cool, my 5yr old has just got into Scalextric:))

On technology, I don't even have a mobile anymore - life is good
  • A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    Dalefty said:

DaLefty

Probably even worth nicking a couple.
    A5D5E5 said:

Probably even worth nicking a couple.

Lego sets or kids? And I'm pretty sure there are laws against both.

DaLefty
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Order online if you're taht embarrassed.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    Order online if you're taht embarrassed.
    Pure genius, I'm kicking myself for not thinkng of that, especially given the amount of things that I do buy online.

DaLefty
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    This is my favorite ever thread. I LOVED Lego as a kid and suddenly I love it again as a 29 year old.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I loved lego as a kid, and we kept it all, so now I have kids of my own they have a mixture of my old lego and a few new sets. Here's a couple of recent proper 'no instructions' builds that me and my 6 year old have done. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/4ABC0484-0AEA-4B6C-8D1C-5D5E95B8E217_zpsoknwgf6r.jpg http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/DD224984-142B-461F-9400-F5D310E39E9F_zpsp9poc2bf.jpg
    I loved lego as a kid, and we kept it all, so now I have kids of my own they have a mixture of my old lego and a few new sets. Here's a couple of recent proper 'no instructions' builds that me and my 6 year old have done. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/4ABC0484-0AEA-4B6C-8D1C-5D5E95B8E217_zpsoknwgf6r.jpg http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/DD224984-142B-461F-9400-F5D310E39E9F_zpsp9poc2bf.jpg
    Be honest you spend more time playing with the lego than your kid does.

DaLefty