13»

Comments

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Bogwhoppit;573292" said:
    Don't mention Rolf !
    This.
    Si_;572350" said:
    Octahedron said:

I'm here too! I mean there... As in, in Australia ;) The place to be.

Isn't octatonic here too? Somewhere. I feel like I've had that conversation before. Maybe it's déjà-vu. There's a few people over here. ;)

Cool, where are you?
    Queensland. But I might move to Victoria in the future. But Queensland is better... ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    Good luck mate. You couldn't smuglle DaLefty back in could you ?
    @iseverynamegone

You do know that I have standards and refuse to fly cattle class, and for anything over 6 hours it's not business class but first class I fly, I even have that written in to all my contracts, that I only fly business class and above, I hate flying, so if I'm going to do it, I'm doing it in comfort.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Dalefty said:
    As somebody from Melbourne you need to go to the Corner Hotel in Richmond for live music, The Rolling Stones plays shit loads of impromptu gigs there, the White Stripes wrote Seven Nation Army there during a sound check, you also need to go to the Espy in St. Kilda for live music, and The Greyhounds Pub.

DaLefty
    What about Lassiters in Erinsborough? 

Anyway, all the best @Si
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited March 2015
    Dalefty said:
    jellyroll said:
    Good luck. You'll be there just in time for winter :(

And our winters get as cold as 10 degrees, not like out here where you can run about in shorts and t-shirt and go tanning at the local beach during the height of winter, I'm still wearing fucking long johns and thermal underwear for christ sake.

DaLefty
    Hahaha!! :D
    Oh man, it does sound good in Aus from a weather perspective. Shame there are bugger all jobs for me there. There seem to be very few, if any, tech companies. 
    Maybe a change of job? 
    What do those of you living there work as? 
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    Hahaha!! :D
    Oh man, it does sound good in Aus from a weather perspective. Shame there are bugger all jobs for me there. There seem to be very few, if any, tech companies. 
    Maybe a change of job? 
    What do those of you living there work as? 

We are crying out and desperately short of tradies, things like plumbers, carpenters, sparkies, nurses, even plasterers.  I.T. will no longer get you very many if any points if you want to move out there, unless you are seriously skilled in it, and I'm mean seriously skilled to the point where they can't find a local with the same level of skills as you.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    edited March 2015
    My visa was gained via my I.T skills, there are still a lot of I.T jobs on the visa wanted list.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Yeah that's what I heard about trades. Not many semiconductor companies out there!
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    Good luck, relocating from England was the best thing I've ever done!