Best news website?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I found a link to give feedback! Gave it a severe kicking!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Twitter.

Follow the right feeds for stuff that might interest you.

News as it breaks, even before the mainstream pick it up sometimes. .

Shit papers like the metro basically report on what was on twitter the day before...
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited March 2015
    Salzburg 24 - read it as we've spent many a happy holiday in Austria. It's all in German (which I can read to a degree, but Google Translate helps out if I get stuck) and it's amazing what you can find out. 

Yes most of it is Austrian news but some international news stories that might be censored over here don't seem to be censored over there!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    Al Jazeera
    Russia Today

RT is probably no more biased than the Beeb really, just from the other side.

Neither of them are as good for UK news though, unsurprisingly.

Some time back the BBC had a pop-up asking if I wanted to try their new site - I did, then responded by clicking 'no thanks'. Fat lot of good that did… I do still use it but it's definitely not as good as it used to be. On the plus side it looks less like the old version of CNN.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I see, it all makes sense now, this forum is full of the BBC and Guardian lovers.

Agree RT is no more politically biased than the BBC, actually the way the BBC has gone, probably less.  I don't watch the news though, my latest fade is watching YouTube videos of firing and stripping down machine guns and rifles.  You know, just in case what they are saying on the BBC or RT is actually true.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6172
    I like Fox News as it is the most 'fair and balanced' news platform without any sort of axe to grind :-\"
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    I read somewhere that the BBC website change (and The Guardian) was driven by the need to create a site that works across all formats, adapting itself to suit, and that need is driven by Google stats.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12428
    I try to avoid the news as much as I can, it's just depressing titillation innit.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    As the old saying goes "no news is good news "
    I've become tired of the BBC take on news, tried feeds and aggregators, used twitter for it and come to the conclusion that I really don't give a monkeys about most "news" .
    I'm a lot happier not knowing the latest celebrity scandal, government cock up, human tragedy I can do nothing about or whatever impending doom they want to feed me.
    I'd rather watch Spongebob Squarepants
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Paul_C said:
    I read somewhere that the BBC website change (and The Guardian) was driven by the need to create a site that works across all formats, adapting itself to suit, and that need is driven by Google stats.
    This is presumably what the consultants told them. (Or maybe they have a standing internal team who feel the need to justify their existence by rolling the design dice every so often.)