Boss digital metalizer

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7498
Tried one. It's a bitchin' pedal! Now I want one. Huge, saturated crunch and also a really nice medium gain overdrive sound that's pretty responsive.

Yup, not kidding. Anyone else used one? Turns out I like a pretty wide range of boss dirt boxes... I'm going to get an sd-2 soon hopefully, and the metalizer is definitely on my hit list!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I believe a certain Mr Gilmour used one on the track "Sorrow", most specifically for the intro/outro parts.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1270
    Just say no!

It starts all innocuously, just a quick play on an MZ-2 - "What harm can it do?". Before you know it, you're onto the hard stuff, three or four Metal Zones a week, selling your last Klon to get a fizzy hit. Your wife leaves you, your kids disown you, you're sleeping in a cardboard box.

It's really not worth it. Stick to a nice safe pedal like a tubescreamer.
    ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just say no!

It starts all innocuously, just a quick play on an MZ-2 - "What harm can it do?". Before you know it, you're onto the hard stuff, three or four Metal Zones a week, selling your last Klon to get a fizzy hit. Your wife leaves you, your kids disown you, you're sleeping in a cardboard box.

It's really not worth it. Stick to a nice safe pedal like a tubescreamer.
    ;)

Don't listen to this. He's wrong, wrong I tells ya. Distortion is awesome*.

*Rhyme incidental

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I remember playing with one of these in the late 1980s. If I recall correctly they had a kind of very short delay (doubler?) and a chorus built in. Very 80s.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Im really liking the HM2 at the moment. Not tried a metallizer. I had a quick bash on a HM3 and it was a bit wank.
  • I remember playing with one of these in the late 1980s. If I recall correctly they had a kind of very short delay (doubler?) and a chorus built in. Very 80s.
    That's it. Apparently, the distortion is all analogue - and it sounds really, really cool.  
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    I remember playing with one of these in the late 1980s. If I recall correctly they had a kind of very short delay (doubler?) and a chorus built in. Very 80s.
    Yep, got one here.

Six modes (?) on tap.

SGL
    Drive
    Doub I,II,III
    Cho 1,2

Horrifically mad thing, belongs to my son.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Sometimes I quite like the sound of my MT-2...

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24653
    Great pedal. Should never have sold mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Great pedal. Should never have sold mine.

Wisdom. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

• mike_l;574391" said:
    fretmeister said:

Great pedal. Should never have sold mine.Wisdom. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....
    Glad I'm not alone. The crunch sounds really good on it!
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Did that have built in chorus?
  • spacecadet;574578" said:
    Did that have built in chorus?
    Yeah, two digital settings.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7165
    I hated the one I owned.

Sounded fizzy and thin.

But then I'm more of a fuzz man.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I had one years ago, it was fizzier than an alka seltzer in a glass of champagne.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30949
    mike_l said:
    I believe a certain Mr Gilmour used one on the track "Sorrow", most specifically for the intro/outro parts.
    Ironically no. Those were a Big Muff.

The solo itself is a Boss HM2.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100;576223" said:
    I had one years ago, it was fizzier than an alka seltzer in a glass of champagne.
    The one I tried could get fizzy, but only if you wanted it to. It just had a crazy big sounding, thick, saturated crunch.

I think I might need one to further bossify my board, though I want a dd2 more. Or a dsd2 for cool factor...

I think I might need one to further bossify my board, though I want a dd2 more. Or a dsd2 for cool factor...
    Is there a particular reason you want a DD2 as opposed to an early DD3? I would have thought you could pick up a DD3 for much less.
  • steamabacus;576254" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Is there a particular reason you want a DD2 as opposed to an early DD3? I would have thought you could pick up a DD3 for much less.
    Early dd-3s seem to be pretty much as sought after as a dd-2. A battered one should be affordable, and dsd-2s are the cheapest of the lot really. Rarer, too, so bonus cool.
    Back in my gigging days, I used a DSD-3 (borrowed off my bass player) alongside my own DD-3. They did sound identical but, if my memory serves me, the DSD-3 didn't have the short delay time setting (<50ms?) of the DD-3. And the 'sampler' bit was useless!
    :)