Boss digital metalizer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• steamabacus;576559" said:
    Back in my gigging days, I used a DSD-3 (borrowed off my bass player) alongside my own DD-3. They did sound identical but, if my memory serves me, the DSD-3 didn't have the short delay time setting (
    That's interesting! I didn't even know there was a dsd-3.

Hmmm food for thought, possible cheapy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1270
    DSD-3 is the same deal as DD-3 - chips became cheaper but Boss didn't want to be seen to be 'cheapening' the brand so both the DD-2 and DSD-2 were discontinued and replaced with the internally identical DD-3 and DSD-3. As far as I know, if they have the chassis-mount power socket (rather than the pcb-mount version) then they will be the 'long chip' version (i.e. identical to the '2' version).

I haven't got a clue about prices? My DD-3 was about £70 second hand in 1990.
  • steamabacus;576678" said:
    DSD-3 is the same deal as DD-3 - chips became cheaper but Boss didn't want to be seen to be 'cheapening' the brand so both the DD-2 and DSD-2 were discontinued and replaced with the internally identical DD-3 and DSD-3. As far as I know, if they have the chassis-mount power socket (rather than the pcb-mount version) then they will be the 'long chip' version (i.e. identical to the '2' version).

I haven't got a clue about prices? My DD-3 was about £70 second hand in 1990.
    Ahh that's interesting to know, cheers! I'll save more eBay searches :)

I tried an original dd-2 the other day and it did sound really nice. I compared to a new dd-3 and there wasn't a lot in it really... But the geek in me wants the older one. Bragging rights and all that.