Evil scum - poor doggy... :-(

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/schools-residents-warned-potentially-dangerous-8934235

The poor bugger is seriously injured and left to fend for itself.  We had some nasty storms last night too.  I can imagine him trying to find shelter on the marsh with his injuries.  Fucking scum.  I'd happily kill someone who does that to an animal.  I'm half tempted to go out there searching for him, but it's a huge area. 
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    A guy I met once upon a time bought a Rotty from some gypsies. He wanted to buy all ten or so that were there to get them off the treadmills they were tied to. His had lots pf problems due to whatever they were injecting him with too.

Absolutely disgusting. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1021
    i feel sorry for the dog.

any  rottweiler  dog i have ever come across have always been very laid back (i cycle on kennet and avon canal towpath).

their reputation is unjustly deserved (it's the fault of scum who breed them for fighting/same with pitbulls e.t.c)

if an animal is shown love compassion respect e.t.c nearly always they will be gentle beings*

*apart from a honey badger ;-) 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Vile people.
    My V key is broken
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    That's really sick. All the rotties I've known have been very gentle and soppy. Only horrific mistreatment could turn such a nice dog into a monster.
    The laws are too soft on the mistreatment and neglect of animals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    The chap who reported it is very lucky he and his dog weren't bitten. If he hadn't been able to get over a fence quickly he might have had to kill the Rottweiler to defend themselves.

Sadly it may be very hard to catch humanely - it's probably been driven mad with pain and previous mistreatment.

No form of punishment short of a very long spell in prison is suitable for people who do that sort of thing to animals.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I find it strange that people who are guilty of cruelty to animals are treated so leniently. The way I see it is that if someone can treat an animal badly, they'll just as likely treat a child or even adult cruelly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    edited March 2015
    ICBM said:
    The chap who reported it is very lucky he and his dog weren't bitten. If he hadn't been able to get over a fence quickly he might have had to kill the Rottweiler to defend themselves.

Sadly it may be very hard to catch humanely - it's probably been driven mad with pain and previous mistreatment.

No form of punishment short of a very long spell in prison is suitable for people who do that sort of thing to animals.
    Difficult, but not impossible; and most dogs, with proper treatment and encouragement, can still be rehabilitated even after an experience like this. They'd never be rehomed with inexperienced families (or those with children), but the problem isn't that it's impossible...it's that there are very few organisations willing to put in the work to save them.

To even catch a dog like that and gain their trust takes hours and hours, if not days.

Sadly, this particular dog is destined for a very short life unless a miracle happens :(
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    I find it strange that people who are guilty of cruelty to animals are treated so leniently. The way I see it is that if someone can treat an animal badly, they'll just as likely treat a child or even adult cruelly.
    Especially as this is a well-established pattern in serial killers - they often have a history of increasingly serious animal cruelty when they're children and young adults, before they turn to humans. (From what I've read, anyway - I'm not an expert.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yes, that's what I've read too.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Sassafras said:
    I'd say that's true for a lot of them. But some people can't see animals have feelings and such.
    My V key is broken
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16075
    Schools and residents warned a 'potentially dangerous' dog, believed to be a Rottweiler, is on the loose in Porthcawl  armed with a knife
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    ICBM said:
    If he hadn't been able to get over a fence quickly he might have had to kill the Rottweiler to defend themselves.
    Crikey, how would someone go about killing an angry and distressed Rottweiler coming at you?

Horrific story. How can someone treat an animal like that?
  • Poor thing must be in serious pain and will probably be put down due to the actions of those scum.
    Our last dog was half rottty and was a big softy, especially with our kids.
    Really pisses me off this.
    mellowsun said:
    Crikey, how would someone go about killing an angry and distressed Rottweiler coming at you?
    There are ways, which I'm fairly sure an ex-Parachute Regiment soldier like him would know.

I know how in theory, but I wouldn't like to have to try against a dog in that sort of state.

• Sassafras said:
    I completely agree.  I have a theory that someone who is so detached as to deliberately inflict pain on a living creature (whether and animal or human) probably picks their victims based of the likelihood and severity of punishment.  In other words I think it's probably totally within them to do this to another human except the fear that lurks in the inner cowards that they are curtails the behaviour solely because of the fear of imprisonment (and possibly getting a taste of their own bullying behaviour).  I think it you enforced severer penalty for acts of such deliberate cruel it would cut numbers massively.  However whilst people still try to justify fox hunting etc. it's unlikely that crimes against animals will ever see really severe penalties.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I had this on Facebook the other day....

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    That makes me feel actually quite sick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Deijavoo said:
    That makes me feel actually quite sick.
    There is some absolute pondlife about. You can imagine that those that can do this to an animal, can equally be capable of doing it to humans.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    :(

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
    edited March 2015
    I don't normally say things like this. But people who engage or have any connection to animal fighting should be castrated. Genuinely makes my blood boil.

My folks last five dogs have all been rescue dogs. Amongst those three German Shepherds.
    My personal favourite was a large fluffy one who was as gentle as a kitten. I was told not to wear a hoodie or a baseball cap around her. I came in one day with a hoodie by accident and she showed her teeth. As soon as i took the hood down she changed. She was obviously abused when she was a pup.
    The latest Jack Russell was rescued from a ratting farm, and she was pretty much feral. Sad to see them like that, but I genuinely believe in "no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners".
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.