What's the view on Mercedes?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    edited November 2013
    As I chauffeur I've been driving Mercedes S and E class around for the last three years. Typically the cars will do 60 - 70k per year and are kept for three years i.e. sold with about 200k on the clock. Apart from bulbs and tyres I've never had anything go wrong. However, some things like changing bulbs can be a pita as they are sometimes of a type that need be changed by the dealer, or it's sometimes necessary to lift out, say, the windscreen washer reservoir to get adequate access to the bulb holder. 

I've never lacked for power but then I am driving the 3.5 litre diesels which don't hang around.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    Mercedes - in the UK  a luxury car - everywhere else in the world - a taxi ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28043
    HAL9000 said:
    I've never lacked for power but then I am driving the 3.5 litre diesels which don't hang around.
    :D

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • This is the one you need. I lust after one of these. AMG C43.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12116

how long is everyone expecting to be able to buy diesel/petrol?

My Merc is 12, and I'm wondering if a new car now will last longer than the availability of affordable fuel to put in it

• luscombeluscombe Frets: 155
    Like the one that Hitler used to use

That would be fantastic, but far too expensive for me. A few years ago I did have a 1939 Mercedes that was imported from the Phillipines. It has been used by the German embassy during the war and was a thing of beauty and very well engineered.. Although it had very rakish lines (like most late 30's cars) it was much smaller than the large convertables used by Mr Hitler and the other Nazi officials. A car like Hitler's would probably set you back over £1 million today.