Pictures of you live

What's Hot
1505152535456»

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 484
    ICBM said:
    DefaultM said:
    Haven't read all of the thread, has anyone done this joke yet?
    One of the three songs we played at the gig above is also called Picture Of You, although it has no relation to the Cure one .
    Nice Hummingbird btw
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73536
    mo6020 said:

Nice Hummingbird btw
    It’s a Dove . Much less common and quite a bit different - longer scale, maple neck, back and sides, and has a huge, full and slightly scooped sound with quite a percussive attack which goes perfectly with a vocal, it’s almost like a whole band .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 484
    ICBM said:
    mo6020 said:

Nice Hummingbird btw
    It’s a Dove . Much less common and quite a bit different - longer scale, maple neck, back and sides, and has a huge, full and slightly scooped sound with quite a percussive attack which goes perfectly with a vocal, it’s almost like a whole band .
    Argh, I couldn’t quite tell from the scratch plate  and hedged my bets to the more common one. Even nicer Dove, then  =)
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8167
    edited July 5
    @ICBM That's a really nice story and I love small intimate acoustic gigs like that.  It's great that you got to perform together again.  No wonder you're still buzzing.  Pity there wasn't a video, but I suspect someone with a smartphone held up recording it may have been growled at.  I have absolutely no idea why, but for some reason I had an image in my mind of you being a much older baldy git maybe with a goatee.  Funny how we can conjure up a mental image of people.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73536
    edited July 5
    BillDL said:

Pity there wasn't a video
    There is D. I’ll put the songs up when I’ve edited it. MrsICBM got the whole thing from just in front of that curtain on the right .

lol at the baldy git and goatee -

Edit - done! In the Videos thread.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 556
    From June 28th our last gig with long serving singer (retiring on medical grounds) so I dug out that T shirt one last time.

Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5266

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom