Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1739
    P90 in an ashtray!

They said it couldn't be done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wow that first tele looks incredible i wish i had the spare cash
    Old Is Gold
  • I'd rock any of them tbh.... Particularly the jnrs.... Headstock would be make or break for me I reckon... Very very cool though!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • As I said in the other threads on this subject, I have two Raygun guitars- a Vintage V100 Lemon Drop Les Paul and a Vintage VS6mrpcr. They're excellent. Sadly I think I'm about to part with the SG. I'll post pictures soon- one can never have too many "wow"s. ;)
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    They look stunning! I love the Tele Jr.

Does he build the guitars or just assemble & finish them?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    Looks like he puts the Jr pickup further away from the bridge compared with a real one. I wonder why, maybe to stop the treble bridge post leaning?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Love it.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 842
    I follow them on Facebook, does some cracking work. Loving the DC Jrs above. Does he come on The Fretboard?
  • They look awesome. May just have to order one. Birthday is not too far away...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23789
    breadfan said:

Does he build the guitars or just assemble & finish them?
    I'm wondering that too, they look nicely done so how come they're so cheap?  

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Stick a neck pup on those DCs and I'm in! That looks brilliant, and at those prices why would I bother building my own? That second Tele is gorgeous too.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1217
    I'm lucky in that Graham Raygun (possibly not his real name) lives about 15 minutes away. 

He resprayed my Tokai Tele that I detested because of a badly mismatched, three piece top in a transparent finish. We went with an aged white for a 60s Tele look with the rosewood board. He kept all the original dings so it still seems like the same guitar. Was just playing it this evening, as it happens.

Anyway, I would highly recommend Graham's work.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    That's beautiful @Basher, he's a clever old stick....

So when is he doing the Ricky you never play? ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9723
    Very noice geetars... What does he use as the doner parts ? Any one played one ? How do they play ? What's the meaning of life ? Etc etc
  • I'm almost certainly gonna buy ome of his Jrs. I'd be very interested to hear somebody's experience on playability of his stuff?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1217
    @JookyChap Interesting idea.

However, I like Graham far too much to subject him to having to  restring a 660 so I'll pass, out of kindness if nothing else.

@Wazmeister @ellandroadhero I did have a wee go on something or other he had in (possibly a junior). IIRC it played really well. My Tokai came back very well set up and it was pretty much in pieces when I dropped it off.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Oh yes, I've been on the look out for TV Yellow DC Jr., would just like to know the origins of the dinner guitar, will have to Email him I reckon.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    The Jazzmaster Graham did me was set-up beautifully, no concerns on that score, and as above, he is atop geezer to deal with.

Desperately tempted by a Jr myself, though the red Tele at the top puts Fano to shame..

• 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Graham has worked his magic on my White Falcon, it was just too white and 'in your face'  (I know thats the general idea with these guitars) but to me it looked like a fridge with gold hardware.....anyway, some nice ageing and to me it looks and feels a million times better..

I know some people feel strongly about relics but lets not turn it into another slagging match, I like em and I'm playing it so ner :)

before

After

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom