Things you can say here that you coudn't say on the MR forums..........

What's Hot
SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
"I am so looking forward to buying this months magazine when I go to Tesco. I am halfway through reading it and it's great!"   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    MR was made of doggie poo and snot

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• "Do you think some magazines take back-handers to write over positive reviews of products made by those who advertise in them?"

and

"Does anyone actually know of a single person who has won a PRS and Mesa Mark V in the monthly competition?".

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    there's lots of things you can say here, mostly cos this place works and MR didn't.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited October 2013
    there's nothing I can say here that I couldnt/didn't say back there, unless its directed to Drew of course 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5187
    Presumably MR is not returning?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5027
    On the latest issue of Guitar & Bass........
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Reverend said:
    thats showbusiness
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    I wouldn't say anything different

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

"Do you think some magazines take back-handers to write over positive reviews of products made by those who advertise in them?"

and

"Does anyone actually know of a single person who has won a PRS and Mesa Mark V in the monthly competition?".

I don't think there are any really poor products these days. That said the Fender, Gibson, PRS, Line 6, Blackstar, Marshall product reviews were always favourable as not only did these companies advertise in Guitarist but they endorsed the mag by reprinting positive reviews and placing the star ratings logo on their website [with a link] thus pushing visitors to the MR website which in turn earned more revenue from online adverts. And the mutual back scratching was extended to Facebook. Don't you just love social media ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Reverend said:
    I don't care any more, and will probably not be going back if it does (which seems unlikely - it's been nearly three months now).
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    bertie said:
    there's nothing I can say here that I couldnt/didn't say back there, unless its directed to Drew of course 

I believe you Bertie. And if you will forgive me would just like to add that I took them to task when they speculated that Scott Gorham's "Burst" was probably a refinished but still valuable 57 GT. It took me 5 minutes on Google to find the guy who sold the guitar - A Converted P90 gold top - to Scott Gorham and also find the full story on the transaction which took place at a TL gig. I am guessing that the journalists over there are probably not Ex-Panorama.........

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Reverend said:
    What do you mean? It's only been a week!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said:
    Reverend said:
    Have you been thinking about Ms Jolie a lot recently? I do, I can lose 10 weeks doing that too...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Myranda said:
    Reverend said:
    You're not on a whiskey diet are you? I lost three months last time I was on one .... *

* copyright the late great Tommy Cooper.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    Guitarist had Malcolm Young as one if their unsung heroes. I was quite shocked when I poo pooed this on MR that they took time out to tell me I was wrong.
    Malcolm Young is not an unsung hero!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Guitarist had Malcolm Young as one if their unsung heroes. I was quite shocked when I poo pooed this on MR that they took time out to tell me I was wrong.
    Malcolm Young is not an unsung hero!
    Exactly.  He sings backing vocals!!!!!!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    That only really deserved half a lol but I've rounded it up for you :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Fretwired said:

"Do you think some magazines take back-handers to write over positive reviews of products made by those who advertise in them?"

and

I don't think there are any really poor products these days. That said the Fender, Gibson, PRS, Line 6, Blackstar, Marshall product reviews were always favourable as not only did these companies advertise in Guitarist but they endorsed the mag by reprinting positive reviews and placing the star ratings logo on their website [with a link] thus pushing visitors to the MR website which in turn earned more revenue from online adverts. And the mutual back scratching was extended to Facebook. Don't you just love social media ....

That's Capitalism for you.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Reverend said:
    I emailed Will Groves, editor in chief, a few weeks ago and got the following response:

"Hi James, 

we definitely intend to get it back up and running, but it's taking (much) longer than we'd like.

Apologies for the inconvenience - as you can imagine we're pretty unhappy it;s taking this long too.

Cheers, Will"
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Did anyone see the recent issue of Guitarist where they reviewed a 2013 Historic (R9) Les Paul and changed the pickups to Bare Knuckles before they took the photographs?

I wonder what Gibson thought about that?  :-O

:-O